Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Been working on this a little bit at a time when I can, but thought I'd share a few screenshots. Using the example News app as a basis for it (otherwise I'd have no idea where to start)

Fun learning about WebOS though even though I don't have a Pre..will I ever release this? Don't know..homebrew only I would imagine if anything.

Anyhoo, enjoy

29-JAN EDIT -- looking for a few testers... PM me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scottymomo; 01/29/2010 at 12:04 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    is this a scoreboard app you are working on?????
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    is this a scoreboard app you are working on?????
    Yes, porting over an app I wrote for Windows Mobile using MortScript

Frame of reference:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/wm...rtscenter.html

sounds good I and many others desperately need a sports app this is probably my biggest gripe about web os right now.
    Scotty,
    I would love this app. I've been looking for something like this since I got my pre. PLEASE make it happen. :-)
    you would be the first with a quality sports app should make some nice change on the deal

Let me know if you need a guinea pig!!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I LOVED POCKET SPORTS CENTER!! Can't wait to see what you put together for webOS! Pocket Sports Center was in fact the only extra app I installed on my 800w while I had it (about a year).
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  8.    #8  
    Thx...we'll see..the basics seem to work fine, just not very polished
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Wow! I hope you can port this over successfully, this is what i've been looking for! If I'm understanding correctly you're learning as you go so hopefully you'll be able to get this working if so a feature I'd love to see is notifications of scores of selected games if possible you would have yourself a goldmine! lol
  10.    #10  
    Notifications of selected games would be cool.. right now the notifications are just if anything is updated in the sport it triggers a notification since I haven't messed around with that code too much from the sample news app.. working on the Add sport to list piece at the moment (deleting/removing from the default list I have is already there). Also trying to figure out how when I tap an a score in the scores list to bring open an inline web page card based on a URL without opening the browser (pretty sure this is possible).

Trial and error for the most part and looking at code samples

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Notifications of selected games would be cool.. right now the notifications are just if anything is updated in the sport it triggers a notification since I haven't messed around with that code too much from the sample news app.. working on the Add sport to list piece at the moment (deleting/removing from the default list I have is already there). Also trying to figure out how when I tap an a score in the scores list to bring open an inline web page card based on a URL without opening the browser (pretty sure this is possible).

Trial and error for the most part and looking at code samples
    If I remember correctly you are looking for the webview widget.
    Palm Mojo Framework - Mojo.Widget
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    If I remember correctly you are looking for the webview widget.
    Palm Mojo Framework - Mojo.Widget
    Yep, had the basics there but the scene wasn't included in sources.json. It is now and it appears to work! Clicking one of the scores then brings you to a webview of fox sports with more details...

Looks great, but i was wondering if i could make a request? Can you please add dashboard notifications? Like scoring changes, end of quarter scores, and end of game scores. Thanks you very much!!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Looks great, but i was wondering if i could make a request? Can you please add dashboard notifications? Like scoring changes, end of quarter scores, and end of game scores. Thanks you very much!!
    Dashboard notifications are already there, just not real intelligent at the moment

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    hey this could be the way to kill brighthouse labs sports app dump.

hope u get to a alpha/beta test soon.....heck i think this is still loaded on my 800w....of course which drawer/box i put the 800w is a mystery to me....lol

If u need any "testers" please let us know.

Good Luck !!!!!!
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    awesome! I've been dying for this kind of app
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Can't wait for this app. I have been waiting for a sports scores type of app!!
    Any progress on this? I'd love even just seeing what you have now, it looks great.
  19.    #19  
    haven't had a ton of time to spend on it, but a little here and there (sorry for the long delay). Currently working on getting the "Add" functionality to work whereby you click the Add button and check boxes next to the ones you want to add to your list.. have the list and the checkboxes there but currently trying to tie the two together to know what's checked, then add them to your sports list..

also will need to work on the display templates for "non-standard" sports like Golf and Nascar but want to get the Add piece working first.

Here's a pic of the add screen currently (not that exciting but the other pics in the first post are the meat of it).

great to hear about this, I've been wanting a sports app like this for awhile now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast