Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Looks pretty nice, I'll definitely give it a look when it's ready.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  2.    #22  
    Thanks.. I may just release the initial "alpha" version without the add for now, since I've never had it tested on an actual device, just the emulator..

stay tuned.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #23  
    Have made good progress on the Add button side of things to add sports to your list of sports you want. It would make sense when you click the Add button to only show the available sports you don't already have on your list right? Need to do some more work in this regard to look at the user's current list, compare it to the full list, and only display those sports that aren't on your current one.. after that's done, I'll probably release the first test version (hopefully).

4.    #24  
    Just about ready for testing...my app icon stinks though

5.    #25  
    Ok, looking for about 5 people to test it out a little bit on real devices since I don't have one.. at least one pre and one pixi.. there are still some minor bugs and things not implemented but it basically works and works well at least on the emulator.. PM me if interested and I'll email the ipk.

EDIT - have my testers and running into an issue where it works fine on the emulator but not on the device (retrieving the scores)...which is a problem.. more to come.
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/01/2010 at 10:48 AM.

If you want to make some real money with this one there are two must have features;

1) Rotation numbers for games (if you don't know what this is, you won't be a paying member so I will tell you - the las vegas number for each game).

2) The ability to select which games to show or some way to personalize the scores (ie show me only the games I select each day) I don't want to look at 80 college scores that don't matter. Only the ones I select. This needs to be available on a daily basis (ie not just all scores for the Heat all season).

To do the above - beyond the original plan for this app, (which may not be worth much compared to the ability to get scores from ESPN which has a recently visited page) would constitute a paid version that will easily command at least $9.95 if not $14.95 from people who understand what a vegas rotation number is (a large audience who spend money every day).

I look forward to seeing your development in this arena.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    If you want to make some real money with this one there are two must have features;

1) Rotation numbers for games (if you don't know what this is, you won't be a paying member so I will tell you - the las vegas number for each game).
    Yeah, thought about including lines as well which should be possible

Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post

2) The ability to select which games to show or some way to personalize the scores (ie show me only the games I select each day) I don't want to look at 80 college scores that don't matter. Only the ones I select. This needs to be available on a daily basis (ie not just all scores for the Heat all season).
    Yeah, this should be possible at some point as well. One thing you can do today which is nice is start typing to search and it will pare down the info automatically (like type UNC and if UNC is playing it will bring up the score)

This is a great app, I used to use this on my treo pro and would love to see in on Webos.
  9.    #29  
    hopefully, if I can figure out why my ajax requests are failing on the device but not the emulator!
  10.    #30  
    gkouri,

Let me know if this is what you're after (see screenshot)...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/02/2010 at 11:09 AM.

Will this or can this be made for Europe too? Been looking for something like this for ages, Im in the UK
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post
    Will this or can this be made for Europe too? Been looking for something like this for ages, Im in the UK
    Yep, for like Premier League and such?

EDIT -- added Premier League
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/02/2010 at 05:37 PM.

13. jut
    This looks like it could be a fantastic app....especially with the EPL added. I would easily buy this for a few bucks
    can't wait for this!
  15.    #35  
    If only I can figure out why the main scores feeds work fine in the emulator and not the device. The betting lines feed comes from a different source and according to one of my beta testers that one worked fine, so need to figure out why one source works and the other doesn't... stay tuned (actually having a device would help, need to hit up a friend to test on their device again)

16.    #36  
    Looks like I've been stymied by the fact that you can't change the user agent sent through for ajax requests at this point, so the main source of scores is detecting a mobile browser and redirecting the request to a non existent URL...it must not send the WebOS user agent when running the emulator which is why it works on the emulator and not on the device.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ser-agent.html

Need to find out from Palm when/if this will be allowed in the SDK, otherwise need to look for another source for scores (lines info doesn't have this restriction)..

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Maybe u could ask clipcarl for some insight to useragent things.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...16#post2233516
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I cannot wait for this app!
  19.    #39  
    Finally got around to looking into this again now that I have a Palm Pre and guess what.. it works! Must have been something in one of the last WebOS updates that solved the useragent problem... updates to come when I get a chance to work on it some more but pretty excited to say the least!

20. jut
    great news!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast