Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    In order to be able to copy files to the USB partition via SCP, one has to mount /dev/mapper/store-media with the unprivileged user's credentials (for example as specified in Patch_webOS_Make_USB_Partition_Writable_via_SFTP under the webos-internals wiki.

I don't really like the idea, don't know what applications might fail because of that.
    A solution would be to mount /dev/mapper/store-media simultaneously with my user's uid & gid (under my home directory for example).

If I were mounting an nfs share, or a folder via SMB, I know this would not cause any problems. However /dev/mapper is not a regular folder.

Anyone can think of any problems that could be caused by mounting /dev/mapper/store-media simultaneously as two different users (root & my user)?
    what applications could fail from mounting /dev/mapper/store-media?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The issue is that a partition will be mounted twice- not sure how that would work on the Linux level.
    I ended up going with Rod's suggestion of using a key-pair for the root user to SCP to /media/internal using the root user (see the Wiki for that).