1.    #1  
    okay when accessing Linux you create a "underprivileged account" in...
    Code:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Next_steps#Optware_Setup
    how can i change my account i created in ^^above^^ to root access privileges.

or... does it actually have root access privileges?

thanks
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The script you ran also installs sudo, which essentially gives your user root privileges.
    The advantage is that you have to specifically specify when you want to run a command as root, so it minimizes the chances of causing damage to the OS.

When you ssh to the pre and you want to run a command as root- simply add sudo at the beginning.
    So for example: "mv file_a /somwhere/" should be "sudo mv file_a /somewhere/"
    You will be asked for your user's password to confirm you really want to run this command as root.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sagipe View Post
    The script you ran also installs sudo, which essentially gives your user root privileges.
    The advantage is that you have to specifically specify when you want to run a command as root, so it minimizes the chances of causing damage to the OS.

When you ssh to the pre and you want to run a command as root- simply add sudo at the beginning.
    So for example: "mv file_a /somwhere/" should be "sudo mv file_a /somewhere/"
    You will be asked for your user's password to confirm you really want to run this command as root.
    oh alright, thanks