Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's currently opensource, available on the webos-internals gitweb.

This release is in the testing feed for a reason, it still lacks many fallbacks and error handling that I feel necessary before a wide beta release.

Known bugs:
    audio recordings played back in stereo only plays out of left speaker/earphone
    it's possible to break the pipeline by pressing 'stop' twice, very fast.
    the warnings and error feedback is not functioning

I don't suggest anyone use this for anything at the moment. If you do, don't be surprised if it breaks

I hope to have a more official version with pretty graphics etc and proper error handling in the next few days.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Any plans to put a gui to your script
    No, since any serious work around that script would involve coding with use of the underlying libraries, it will be duplicate work. With Prenosticator making Precorder available as open source I will look to try to contribute to that effort (when I can steal some time from other projects).
    I have just verified that Precorder version 0.5.0 that I installed from the test feed with Preware Alpha caused my Pre to freeze on the spinning wheel when I restarted or shutdown. I was able to hold the power button and toggle the vibrate switch 3 times to restart, but now that Precorder version 0.5.0 is removed, my Pre restarts and shuts down normally. Am not sure why my Pre does this.

Still, nice app! Ought to be part of webOS.
    Yes I noticed on a rebbot the Pre would freeze I imagine since it is alpha all the bugs haven't been worked out yet.
    I installed the 5.2 update the error recording message is gone but the freeze upon restart is still there. I have to do a battery pull to restart the Pre 100% of the time with Precorder installed. It just goes to the little spinning circle and stops.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed the 5.2 update the error recording message is gone but the freeze upon restart is still there. I have to do a battery pull to restart the Pre 100% of the time with Precorder installed. It just goes to the little spinning circle and stops.
    I have the same problem with the stopped spinning circle, but I had it even before installing Precorder. I've had that problem since installing any of the 800mhz kernels, although I'm not positive that's the source of the problem since I've got so many bleeding edge things installed.
    I never had the stopped spinning circle. I can replicate the stopped spinning circle with Precorder installed 100% of the time. I have the 800mhz kernel installed as well for quite a while. When I uninstall Precorder phone reboots fine. Install precorder it won't restart without a battery pull. The app works great and a battery pull is worth it to have a recorder.

If any logs are needed to help with the bug reporting let me know how to get them to you.
    My question:

Why the heck are people restarting their phone so much? I just ran into this bug, and I assure you, I hadn't seen it before because I haven't restarted my phone in 2 months.

I have a developer device with an old 800mhz kernel but /no precorder/ which is having the same issue.

I'm going to poke around, but honestly, there's nothing precorder is doing that would affect how the phone shuts down (and the upstart script stops cleanly, I checked it).

I'll work with the kernel masters to figure out what's causing this.

In the meantime, I feel like I've hijacked this poor gentlemen's thread, and I urge tc600 to come collaborate with me Send me a PM or take a stroll into #webos-internals ...
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    In the meantime, I feel like I've hijacked this poor gentlemen's thread, and I urge tc600 to come collaborate with me Send me a PM or take a stroll into #webos-internals ...
    To make a long story short: be my guest! :-)

I started this post to share what I had found and make it in some way an R&D thread on audio recording. That's what you are all doing now.

So there is no hijacking going-on, I'm happy you stay here as long as you feel comfortable. You'll know & decide when it's time to start a new thread! ;-)
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    So I must digress.

It seems poor upstart script interaction is indeed causing shutdown/restart hang. This will be fixed in 0.5.4.
    Look forward to the next release. 5.2 worked great as long as didn't try to restart. Do you think there will be a way to have a mic boost?
    I just updated to the latest version and the precorder app does not load at all now. I was also having the reboot freeze issue as well, however i removed precorder and the phone reboots perfect 100% now.

I am bummed though, I needed precorder for a few things every day (while I had it installed), cant wait till the bugs are worked out
    Delete and reinstall, and the problem may go away. It did for me. {Jonathan}
    There was a brief period of time where the 0.5.3 package was malformed/corrupt. Rod (rwhitby) did some packaging magic for me and fixed my nub packaging monkey skill errors. All should be fine now.

I can confirm the update fixes restart hang (er, by 'confirm' i mean it 'works for me'). The update also adjusts the manner in which the stop method happens from the app side of things. It fixes 2 problems and causes 1 more, so I'll have to revisit it. Hopefully 0.5.4 comes with new service enhancements for position display.

If you're currently alpha testing, it would be nice if you can drop into #webos-internals so i can ask some questions about various issues i've run into inconsistantly.
    I am currently testing the precorder, thanks to the forum I got it installed, but canīt press the play button. It does record, the timeline counts..but where does it store the files? And canīt open media capture either, reinstalled twice. Have the German version but that shouldnīt be an issue?

I m NOT complaining, just giving my troubble report. Thanks so much!
    Like the new interface btw!
    You need internalz to view the files they are in /media/internal/recordings/

The app has really improved I tested 5.5 in church sitting on the back row and recorded the praise songs great. The media capture works great I just recorded from slacker.
    Yeah, will get internalz looked at it today looks awesome.

Just a quick one. is the new 5.5 icon something with a moon? i had it today for a brief second but it wouldnīt open, now everytime i download itīs up with the face icon again. it says 5.5 in preware but everytime I check my downloaded version in the launcher it says .5.3 something is really going wrong here on my device.
    Last edited by Tereschkova; 04/25/2010 at 01:07 PM.
    just wanted to pop my head in..

some of the issues you're mentioning are /not you/, they are definitely the app. it's in the testing feed for a reason packaging is not a priority since it's not being packaged for general consumption.

That being said, safe packaging standards are being used, and bugs are being fixed when found.

eventually the app name will name as will the appid. Play button is working now, and open beta is coming very soon. I suggest fully orange+tap removing the app before install the beta, but if you forget it should be ok (i will but specific methods in the postinst for this occasion)
    Works great! I had to unistall and reinstall to get my play button working.
    wow! works now...play and all!

gives me a warning though: "canīt record audio fast enough" but doesnīt seem to affect.

NICE! NICE! NICE! thanks for the great work...

happy girl
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast