1.    #1  
    Anyone out there working on this?
    I presume you mean what everyone else calls tethering... you want to use the evdo of the pixi to provide internet service to your computer via bluetooth.

The answer is, yes, there are not only people working on it, there are people who have done it.

both mytether and freetether can do that. Freetether is still beta Mytether is out of beta but suffering 1.3.1 update issues.

Search for either term on this site.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    I presume you mean what everyone else calls tethering... you want to use the evdo of the pixi to provide internet service to your computer via bluetooth.

The answer is, yes, there are not only people working on it, there are people who have done it.

both mytether and freetether can do that. Freetether is still beta Mytether is out of beta but suffering 1.3.1 update issues.

Search for either term on this site.
    No, reverse dun.

You use the blutooth on a computer and the bluetooth on the Pixi to connect to the LAN of the Computer.

This was common practice on old Treo models.
  4.    #4  
    There isn't any interest in this?
  5. pjs
    I had this working on my Treo 650 years ago. The throughput was great. I recall it was a pain to enable and disable so I didn't use it much. I haven't seen that anyone's done it for WebOS yet. I'd be interested in using it on my wife's Pixi instead of the terrible EVDO coverage we get at home.
    I'm interested in something similar for my Sprint Pre. I love it as a PDA, but can only use it when connected to wireless. (Got it really cheap because it has a bad ESN so activating it is out of the quesiton). Besides I still have a $30/month Sprint SERO plan that I'm not ready to give up. My Centro has USBmodem which supports bluetooth tethering and I would love to tether my Pre to it when I'm away from a wifi connection.

Yes, I'm so cheap that I'm willing to carry both phones..

Since there's capability to have Blutooth tethering (http://www.isyougeekedup.com/palm-pr...ble-tethering/) and it's possible to do reverse tethering via USB (Reverse Tethering - WebOS Internals) it seems all the components are there for Reverse Tethering via Bluetooth. I'm just not savvy enough to put them together.

As cheap as I am, I'm willing to donate $20 to anyone that can get that working.

Thanks,
    Zath
    Last edited by Zath; 05/07/2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: additional content