Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    This is one thing that I liked about the iPhone alot. When you wanted to re-arrange the icons on your screen, you could hold down any one of the icons and then they all would "wiggle". You could then move them all around at once, instead of 1 at a time with WebOS. This is nothing major but when you have 5 pages of apps (131 and growing) and trying to organize them per page or name or however the user would like, it is very annoying to have use it the current way it is.

For those who are unfamiliar here is a with a 3rd party app that lets the user controls this via a mouse and virtual device.

Being that we have the emulator and WOSQI I would think that this should be possible? Or even a setup like Cydia had with a program like Categories. Either way, the more apps we download, the better we need to organize them on our phones.

Recap:

Re-arrange icons all at once
    -or-
    Re-arrange icons from WOSQI or another 3rd party app
    -or-
    Introduce Categories for the launcher pages to organize all apps.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Happy Birthday
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    Happy Birthday
    Did you mean to post a link or something? If not Why the comment about the birthday. I would like to say that I'd like something like this too. Would come in handy for when organizing launcher pages by kind. I did a games page by hand and I wish I had a patch like this to help...on a semi-related note, It IS my birthday today
    i think it was sarcastic really lol ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    yeah I tried to do one page for calculators and convertors. One for games. One for online feeds and apps. One for multimedia apps. One for utilities like adjusting ringtones and brigtgness. And finally one for everyday stuff like Preware phone, messaging etc.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yeah even though this isn't very high priority, I would definitely use a patch like this
    I would like to see this inside an app like WebOS quick install.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Or, perhaps even better, an app manager within WebOS Quick Install itself, allowing us to manipulate the placement of apps on a desktop-- moving apps on the phone itself is quite slow and tedious
    I agree! This patch would be extremely useful
    this is a must!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tredftw View Post
    Did you mean to post a link or something? If not Why the comment about the birthday. I would like to say that I'd like something like this too. Would come in handy for when organizing launcher pages by kind. I did a games page by hand and I wish I had a patch like this to help...on a semi-related note, It IS my birthday today
    Wow. I literally must have checked yesterday right as the happy birthday wish was given because neoncorey's birthday was listed as November 30th. Now it is not.

Also, happy birthday yesterday.
    Or, show a single column, vertical list view with the app names, and drag them up and down like you would in the Tasks app. You could access this from the launcher menu, and save by using the back-swipe gesture when you're done.

Would be simpler to implement in the interim while the fine folks at WebOS Internals figure out how to do this. Though it seems possible, I have a sneaking suspicion this will take a bit of effort to figure out. After all its not built in to the OS and there is no similar functionality anywhere else on the phone.

Just my $0.02...
    or a way to arrange them when its plugged in to the computer.
    lol i want this
    Ditto - moving the icons around on the screen is tricky at best - I can't usually get them to move from one card to another. If there were a way to either make this easier or just re-arrange them via something like WOSQI, that would be great.
    why dont they just make it so you can re-arrange your launcher pages using itunes?
    What about being able to assign a "type" of app, and then having an app that can put an icon on a launcher page for that "type" of app. E.G. I have games as one type. And this app would allow a user to put all of the apps dedicated to games linked to a single icon representing games. Music apps dedicated as music apps linked to music icon. etc... Then instead of flipping through multiple launcher pages, you could have one with all of your app types on one page. May not be possible, but would be a time saver. Meaning if an app could somehow generate a launcher page populated with the apps you have sorted by type (assigned by the user) by pressing an icon. Could be to much for webOS.
    Don't know, not the programmer type.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    This is one thing that I liked about the iPhone alot. When you wanted to re-arrange the icons on your screen, you could hold down any one of the icons and then they all would "wiggle". You could then move them all around at once, instead of 1 at a time with WebOS. This is nothing major but when you have 5 pages of apps (131 and growing) and trying to organize them per page or name or however the user would like, it is very annoying to have use it the current way it is.
    I, too, would like to see this change/patch on WebOS.