Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Anyone have a voice recording app for the pre?
    there is one build in with precorder. use it, its also used for video recording but in the preferences you can set it for just audio
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    and where can precorder be downloaded from?
    if you search in the forums for video recorder or precorder I think, it should show up and the first entry on the first page will tell you how to install it.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Its in Alpha Testing right now! Unless your willing to deal w/ the glitchy Pre syndrome you might want to wait till its in beta.

If your brave do a search for precorder, there is complete instructions in the first post.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

there are no problems with it. dont worry its not going to break your pre or anything
    Quote Originally Posted by tekeler View Post
    there are no problems with it. dont worry its not going to break your pre or anything
    BAD INFORMATION!!!!!

The app is an alpha for a reason! It has glitches! its not ready for beta yet or it would be in PreWare.

Im not saying it doesnt work, Im saying it has Issues that are not tolerated by some users. It has saved a video that I cannot delete no matter what I try, So to say There are no Problems with it is simply WRONG!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    It has saved a video that I cannot delete no matter what I try, So to say There are no Problems with it is simply WRONG!
    I'm curious, what have you tried? And what are the symptoms?

I've never had a problem deleting a file on the Pre going into the Linux OS (or any Linux OS for that matter). Is the video actually there, or are you just seeing information about it in the Video Player, but it won't really play?

The reason I ask the last one is that I used PuTTY to delete my recorded videos, and they still showed up in the video player. However, they wouldn't play. They were "phantom files".

I've since confirmed that this is consistent with similar behavior I've seen with deleted (or moved) photos. It drove me nuts when I first got the Pre.

Here's what's happening with that. There is a database ( /var/luna/data/mediadb.db3 ) that is apparently updated when an application saves a file, or the application deletes a file. It is also updated when the Pre is connected as a USB device.

So, what was happning that threw me off (with the photo app) was that I would use WinSCP to move files around, and delete others, and in some cases rename files, but none of the changes would show up in the Photo App. It had me stumped.

Then one day, I hooked up as a USB drive (which I almost never did back then), and next time I used the Photo App, I noticed all my changes were now working properly.

Some research and then trial and error lead me to the database. When I used PuTTY to delete my test videos, I noticed the same "phantom file" behavior, and saw the same results after plugging in as a USB drive.
    I installed the patch to swipe to delete videos on my pre's video app.
    Works great, try it sometime.

Don't give false information...its alpha because its new, and in testing, and not fully functioned. Not because it will make your phone blow up.

Some people just love giving false info.
    I would suggest against Precorder in it's current form for audio recording of any type.

A good voice recorder is possible to develop with current tools. If someone would like to take up the challenge, I can provide them with the necessary backend information in IRC (#webos-internals, freenode). Otherwise when the time comes for the gstservice to include audio only recording (properly) it will, but it is not #1 priority at the moment.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I installed the patch to swipe to delete videos on my pre's video app.
    Works great, try it sometime.

Don't give false information...its alpha because its new, and in testing, and not fully functioned. Not because it will make your phone blow up.

Some people just love giving false info.
    I hope this wasnt directed at me!

I NEVER said it was going to blow up your phone! And I have the swipe to delete patch and it still wont delete 1 video! you dont know me or my abilities so dont jump on me to make yourself feel better.

This Alpha is NOT ready for the masses, THATS why its Alpha.

Like I said its a great WORK IN PROGRESS, but it still has issues so you saying its only Alpha because its new is giving bad advice.

I have had this since v1 and tested myself and its absolutely not ready for beta.

Thanks to zsoc and the webos-internals team for their hard work on this app and Im sure when it does go beta it will be awesome.

Follow the link below.