1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am writing a service, I packaged it and installed it with "ipkg -o /var". Installation itself is successful, but it doesn't run the "postinst" script:

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: # ipkg -o /var install com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service_1.0.0.ipk
    Begin installation of com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service
    Installing com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service (0.0.1) to root...
    Configuring com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service
    (offline root mode: not running com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service.postinst)
    I then modified the package and the service to install and run from root and installed it without the "-o /var" option. Now ipkg executed the "preinst" script.

Is there a way to install a service to /var and let ipkg execute its "preinst" script?
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    Hi,

I am writing a service, I packaged it and installed it with "ipkg -o /var". Installation itself is successful, but it doesn't run the "postinst" script:

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: # ipkg -o /var install com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service_1.0.0.ipk
    Begin installation of com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service
    Installing com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service (0.0.1) to root...
    Configuring com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service
    (offline root mode: not running com.palm.app.com.debilater.netstat.service.postinst)
    I then modified the package and the service to install and run from root and installed it without the "-o /var" option. Now ipkg executed the "preinst" script.

Is there a way to install a service to /var and let ipkg execute its "preinst" script?
    The -o (offline root) flag causes the install scripts to be skipped. But the -o flag is necessary.

So Preware's ipkgservice calls the postinst script manually.

When we get your service into the webos-internals feed it will all work properly

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The -o (offline root) flag causes the install scripts to be skipped. But the -o flag is necessary.

So Preware's ipkgservice calls the postinst script manually.
    Should note, WebOS Quick Install handles postinst/prem scripts properly as well
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook