Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    i would like an app for the playstation network. xbox has one and the xbox is garbage.
    In all honesty PSN is garbage.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deman19901 View Post
    That's really helpful, thanks for that!

I'm pretty sure I could find a couple of things that you use that I would consider "garbage", but I bet you'd still like apps for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by deman19901 View Post
    might not be quite as good as xbox live, but its FREE
    This thread has nothing to do with the xbox, so can we go back to the main topic which is the PSN friends app for the Palm Pre. I spend many hours a week playing online games with my PS3 friends and I love it, therefore a PSN app is a must have for me.
    i would love this aswell
    Just an update: This app is currently in a closed beta. It is expected to leave the closed beta and be submitted to Palm by 30 June 2010. It should be available to the general public by 7 July 2010, and it will cost money. How much money, however, will not be specified.

I recommend to everyone that you buy it when it is first available, because that will be an introductory rate (and if it is available before 9 July, it will be 50% off the intro rate because of Palm's sale).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Sounds fantastic. Do you know if it'll share any features with the iPhone app?

PS3 iTrophies for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I have this on my iPod touch, and I love it. Would REALLY love it on my Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyricci View Post
    Sounds fantastic. Do you know if it'll share any features with the iPhone app?

PS3 iTrophies for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I have this on my iPod touch, and I love it. Would REALLY love it on my Pre
    Can't discuss much (it is afterall, still in a very private and closed development beta), but I can say that initially, those features won't exist. They won't take too long to implement hopefully, but that part relies solely on Palm.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Announcing Gamer Friends, an app by Appstuh.

Gamer Friends has many useful features, and many features scheduled for release when we have Hybrid PDK access from Palm.

Some of the features:
    • View a list of friends
    • View the games they've completed
    • View their trophy level and level progress meter
    • View the trophies they've earned for games (includes the type, trophy image, and time earned, relative to the current time--i.e. 4 months ago)
    • View the trophies they've yet to earn
    • Data caching
    • Automatically refresh user list every hour (optional; disabled by default)

Features that will exist in v1.5 (the PDK hybrid version):

• Automatically add/sync user list
    • Get their status (online/away/offline)
    • Get up to the minute trophy info
    • Send/receive messages
    • Get information on the trophies (like their description)

We had a very successful closed beta distribution of the app and we have submitted the app to Palm. There was a minor setback earlier when we submitted the app through the wrong account. That has been fixed and we anticipate a release into the Catalog within a week. Keep your eyes peeled.

Also, as a note to our "official" international users (i.e. those who can access the paid catalog):

We are aware that Palm's 50% off summer sale does not include you. We would loved to have been able to provide the app to you for the same price our US customers will get it for, but Palm won't allow anything lower than 0.99 EUR/CAD or 10 MEX PESOs. As a result, until the 50% off sale is over, the app will be:

0.99 EUR - Ireland, Spanish, German, and French customers
    0.99 GBP - UK
    0.99 CAD - Canadian customers
    10 MEX - Mexican customers

The app will be $1.49 USD for our American customers until on or around 16 July ($0.75 after Palm's 50% off) at which time it will go up to an "undisclosed price."

Again, our non-USA and "official" customers can get the app for the above prices until 23 July. We may extend it until 31 July, but that is at our discretion.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 06/29/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

So, there is an app called "gamer friends for PSN" and one that's called "gamer friends for PS3 and PSN"

what's the difference with these two games? They have pretty much the same description..
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    So, there is an app called "gamer friends for PSN" and one that's called "gamer friends for PS3 and PSN"

what's the difference with these two games? They have pretty much the same description..
    There was an issue when the app was submitted that caused the two to show up with different names, but the same description.

We worked with Palm and had the duplicate ("Gamer Friends for PS3 and PSP") pulled.
    Arthur Thornton

omg i hope they come out with one
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsiguri View Post
    omg i hope they come out with one
    If you check three posts above yours, you will see we already created one

Also, friend status and friend importing is coming soon.
    Arthur Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    If you check three posts above yours, you will see we already created one

Also, friend status and friend importing is coming soon.
    I'm assuming yours was the App that released today?
    That might not be the same. Gamer Friends for PSN is the one made by arthurthornton. The App icon looks like a golden trophy. Check it out.
    No, ours was released over a week ago, though we released an update to Palm today (the update should be available within a week).

Our app is called Gamer Friends for PSN.

The new feature is one that has been requested extensively and after great amounts of development time went into it, we managed to add the requested feature (direct access of your PSN friends list).

To see our app, visit: http://www.appstuh.com/apps/gamer-friends-for-psn and you can read the description. You can view the app in the catalog by going to http://developer.palm.com/webChannel...ppstuh.friends from your device.

Enjoy!
    Arthur Thornton

Wow, this is very promising. Especially with the inclusion of the hybrid elements although Palm will not allow hybrid apps even after the 1.4.5 release as far as I know. I think they are postponing that for a later date, correct?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Wow, this is very promising. Especially with the inclusion of the hybrid elements although Palm will not allow hybrid apps even after the 1.4.5 release as far as I know. I think they are postponing that for a later date, correct?
    Hybrid, no.

But we have PSN integration in our app anyways. If you want a PSN app, purchase "Gamer Friends for PSN" within the Palm App Catalog and within a week, you will be able to log in to your PSN Account within the app and view your friend list. And your details never leave your device, except for contacting Sony's servers over SSL. In other words, your data should not be compromised by using our app.

We cannot say the same for other apps for 2 reasons:

1) nobody has similar functionality
    2) we spent quite a bit of time implementing this functionality and I do not know how long it would take them to do similar things.
    Arthur Thornton

While I like some of the feature, I didn't want to buy initially. BUT, donations to the USO put me over! Bought!
    While I like some of the feature, I didn't want to buy initially. BUT, donations to the USO put me over! Bought!
    I am a very strong supporter of the troops, so Appstuh is donating 25% to organizations that help the troops (like USO and Wounded Warriors).

Thanks for your purchase.
    Arthur Thornton

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast