Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have several scripts that I created for my palm that help me with re-installation of programs/hacks that I run and backing up my database. I just thought I would share some of these and see if anyone else has some good scripts or suggestions for some.

Disclaimer: This are in no way guaranteed and I am not a programmer. I just so happen to use Linux at work and home and can (with the help of Google) create some basic scripts to automate simple tasks. The scripts listed below all require root access as well as some other optware packages being installed. I also have a folder called "Backup" and one called "scripts" created under my /media/internal share. This is where my scripts and backups are located as you can probably tell. :-D

I also have a file created called root under scripts that just contains...
    * 5 * * * /usr/bin/dbbackup
    ...but I couldn't upload more than 10 files.

Also if you want to use these files you will have to make sure you rename them by removing the .txt extension from all of them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Good stuff! I was thinking abou this today as I Doctored my phone ....twice.

I think I have all the http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...?-bootstrap.sh, urls memorized.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yeah, the whole reason I made these scripts was because I lost all my contacts on my Palm profile after 1.3.1 and their "support" kept wanting me to perform partial and full erases.

Off Topic: I did eventually recover my data from Palm. Yesterday I called and they said they had to run a server-side script for my profile and that I should WebOS doctor it again. I reloaded the phone, skipped logging into my other accounts and just logged straight into my Palm profile and everything was restored.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    a friend of mine who has been a palm customer for life and just had his 8th Pre replaced, hehe.... he's a marketing exec and knows the game and the buttons to push..... told me they just admitted to him that ....and I quote...."their servers chewed up and lost everyone's contaacts, calendars and memos"