1.    #1  
    Is it possible to add to the Universal search dictionary and thesaurus options below the Google/Google Maps/Wikipedia/twitter buttons?

I would love to just start typing a word and be able to see those options and just tap "dictionary" to have it find it for me. I seen a patch but you have to type .dict first, inconvenient. I would like to see this more integrated.

Also is there a way to have the Find options expanded by default? Say I type "smith" I see smiths listed that I have under contacts but I have to hit find to expand the options to search Google for it. I would prefer to just have these expanded by default.

Not a huge deal of course, just thought I would ask in case I missed a patch option
    Last edited by Paladin; 11/25/2009 at 10:47 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Is it possible to add to the Universal search dictionary and thesaurus options below the Google/Google Maps/Wikipedia/twitter buttons?

I would love to just start typing a word and be able to see those options and just tap "dictionary" to have it find it for me. I seen a patch but you have to type .dict first, inconvenient. I would like to see this more integrated.

Also is there a way to have the Find options expanded by default? Say I type "smith" I see smiths listed that I have under contacts but I have to hit find to expand the options to search Google for it. I would prefer to just have these expanded by default.

Not a huge deal of course, just thought I would ask in case I missed a patch option
    My phone isn't near me RIGHT NOW, for probably the first time in 3 years lol, but I think since the browser defaults to searching google, you can probably just type "define: [insert word here]" (you wouldn't need to use quotes) and I think there is also a similar command function for a thesaurus result, check it out. Hope this helps.
    actually, I just read your post more closely and realize what you meant. if .dict is too much for you, then starting to type "browser" in universal search and opening that and typing a command before the word you want to find the definition for, or synonyms for, then my suggestions probably won't help. I wonder if you can just type "define: [word]" in universal search and see if it goes to the browser automatically. blah, good luck with that.
  4.    #4  
    It is not that typing .dict is too much or using Google is hard in anyway, I just would like to see more options on the Universal search.

There is room there for more options so why not a nice Dictionary or Thesaurus?

Ideally I would actually love to see a way to add a user definable option!
    I would love to add a title that displays, under twitter, that when selected would use my own search string.

I could then start to type in Universal Search have an option to go to any site I define such as HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works! or the like.

What if I liked to use Bing instead of Google? I wouldn't but some may. What about ask.com or other sites I may want to have?

I just want to open my phone, type "car" and have a Google, Google Maps, Wiki, twitter and now Dictionary and howstuffworks.com button! Then it just goes to where I tap!

Simple and easy. It would just allow more integrated functionality. That is the power of WebOS is it not?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Check out this link:
    Patch Browser Global Search Addons - WebOS Internals

Follow those steps with dictionary/thesaurus URLs/images instead of the supplied Reddit URL/image and you should have a new global search button in no time.

About you're request for a user definable option, I'm going to look into putting an option into the launcher app menu, but I'm not going to make any promises.
    hit up that thanks button
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmarkham3 View Post
    Check out this link:
    Patch Browser Global Search Addons - WebOS Internals

Follow those steps with dictionary/thesaurus URLs/images instead of the supplied Reddit URL/image and you should have a new global search button in no time.

About you're request for a user definable option, I'm going to look into putting an option into the launcher app menu, but I'm not going to make any promises.
    Actually, that link's instructions are entirely wrong for 1.3.1. See http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...s-1-3-1-a.html
    Thanks for that, I was about a minute away from becoming very frustrated.

Here's a link that's actually useful:
    Patch Browser Global Search Addons Collection - WebOS Internals

It provides already identified search URLs and pre-made icons.
    hit up that thanks button