1.    #1  
    Would it be possible to possible to port the Google Maps Navigation app from the Android system to the Palm Pre?

I think both use Java, but one Java script and the other one the full Java version. Nevertheless, would it be possible?
    probably not now. The google maps app we have is barely an app as is. (remember a couple months ago it got an update without any software updates?) if you go to mobile google maps you'll go to the app. I think the google maps we have is a very simple front for the webversion. When/if we ever get a real google maps app, maybe. I think this all has to do with the lack of native code. Nonthe less I am REALLY hoping for this!
    Java and JavaScript are two entirely different things.
    Wouldn't count on it right now. Besides, you probably do need permission from Google to use the same sources/api calls they perform, doubt it's in their current Maps SDK..

p.s. Java and Javascript, apart from sounding the same, are nothing alike at all.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    There are 3rd party devs out there that have been providing google map gps-like solutions for other platfroms like WM for some time:

Global Navigator Home Page - GPS Navigation with GPS tracking and GSM tracking

If google makes the maps navigation software exclusively for Android only, then perhaps a developer like pdafun can port their software as a solution...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use Sprint Nav. Great features like favorites, turn by turn with names, etc. The Google app on the Pre is not even as robust as the one I had on my Treo! Avoid it until (if) Google Nav Maps, but in the meantime Sprint Nav is darn good!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdfs View Post
    I use Sprint Nav. Great features like favorites, turn by turn with names, etc. The Google app on the Pre is not even as robust as the one I had on my Treo! Avoid it until (if) Google Nav Maps, but in the meantime Sprint Nav is darn good!
    There is no Sprint nav on phones not running on Sprint, for example the entirety of europe.
    so is there any solution for people living in europe to run this app
    I think that
    err, oops. I think google can do it, but won't until there's enough $ in it for them in some way. Or not, whatever, at least this is the 10th post hahahahhahahahaha
    Not sure how far bluetooth works with Classic, but you could do the Classic->TomTom->Bluetooth GSP solution? They have European maps, and you don't need a cell phone signal. This is assuming you can get bluetooth working with Classic... not sure it is supported.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.