webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Novacom on Windows XP?
Novacom on Windows XP?

Old 11/22/2009, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

I searched the forums on how to set up Novacom on a pc with Windows XP SP3, but all I see is methods for Windows 7. All I want to do is sync mp3 files over to my phone =\ Can anyone help me or point me where to go
Trinity28501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2009, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity28501 View Post
I searched the forums on how to set up Novacom on a pc with Windows XP SP3, but all I see is methods for Windows 7. All I want to do is sync mp3 files over to my phone =\ Can anyone help me or point me where to go
After connecting the phone to your PC, the PC will "recognize" the Pre. There is no need for you to actively install anything. After the PC alerts you that the Pre is recognized by Windows XP and ready they are ready to work together, you can just go ahead and sync/move your music over via your preferred method - some prefer drag and drop using your Pre in USB mode, some like Media Monkey, iTunes, etc. in media mode. Just select the appropriate mode on the Pre when you connect, and you're all set - no need to install any extra software, drivers, etc., unless you don't already have Media Monkey, iTunes, or whatever media software you prefer.
ay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2009, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

My pre won't stay connected to xp. It wont recognize the device properly and fairly quickly goes into just charging mode.
jaktheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2009, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you get WebOS Quick Install there is a button in the Options which will (Re)Install novacom for you.
alex.dobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2010, 04:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

The button in the Options does not show up. If I click file -> options, there is nothing that's happening.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2010, 04:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

did u enable developer mode on the phone?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0