1.    #1  
    because it has taken 1/6 of the screen size in landscape mode.
    Is there any patch to take it off?
    oooh me too. it also makes scrolling through "find" results impossible!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    oooh me too. it also makes scrolling through "find" results impossible!
    this times a million
    OK, so I got rid of it in my app. I'm not a programmer and I don't know how to build patches, but I can read English, navigate directory trees and open files in apps I'm trying to modify. It's not pretty, but as long as no one has a better solution....

You can do the following with web os quickinstall and notepad, or on a rooted pre with novacom/putty.

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/app/views/document/document-scene.html, change line 1 to
    Code:
    <div id="header" style="height:0px;">
    In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/app/views/document/header_bar.html, change line 1 to
    Code:
    <div id="topHead" class="palm-header left" style="height:0px;">
    and change line 3 to
    Code:
        <div id="documentname" x-mojo-loc="" class="truncating-text" style="height:0px;"></div>
    It doesn't actually take anything out script-wise, just makes the header invisible.

A few caveats - the top bar is gone in both portrait and landscape, but "find" doesn't really work in landscape mode and I wouldn't recommend trying (I had to restart my phone because it hung). Perhaps this is one of the reasons palm hasn't officially enabled landscape mode yet. Also, it's not aesthetically pleasing - instead of the header with the title, there's a thin strip of black space between the document that's being viewed and the menu bar with the date/time/etc. Although it's not as large and annoying as the header and isn't actually hurting anything, it's not pretty and I don't know where it's coming from or how to get rid of it.

It would be awesome if someone else found a more elegant solution, but this is miles better than nothing.
  5.    #5  
    it works.
    Many thanks
    (I guarantee it will hang as you said)