1.    #1  
    I'm new here so sorry if this question seems like it. I rooted my pre and pulled the palmdatabase.db3 file to the usb and then to my computer. I used the SQLite tool for Firefox to look through the file but the only sms messages I saw were ones that hadn't been deleted from the phone. Am I looking in the wrong place? Am I able to pull/read those deleted messages somehow? How does the pre handle that? I have read users seeing old history pop back up after being deleted, so something tells me its still there.

Thanks for any insight,
    J
    There was a bug were deleted SMSs weren't really deleted, thus they kept popping back up in conversations or searches. I'm not sure if webOS 1.3.1 fixed this behavior. If it did, then deleted SMSs would be stored in the magical bit-bucket, where their bits can be recycled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I am sorry but isn't this title an oxymoron? I mean seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    I am sorry but isn't this title an oxymoron? I mean seriously...
    I was thinking the same thing. I only opened the topic to clarify what it meant, & am still wondering...
  5.    #5  
    what i meant was, once the sms are deleted, are they gone for good, or are they somewhere still in the memory?

sorry but my f'n wife cheated on me and I need to know if I can get the texts she deleted...hope it never happens to you
    I asked this question a while ago and was told that once deleted they are gone. Its not like email where they to a "trash" folder to be emptied.

Also, if you haven't confronted her yet, I suggest a key loggind program for your computer (if she uses it). Came in handy with me
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neetch View Post

sorry but my f'n wife cheated on me and I need to know if I can get the texts she deleted...hope it never happens to you
    THERES ALOT OF APP THAT DETECTS THE LOCATION OF PRE, TRY IT AND MAKE UR WIFE BORROW UR PRE..TO KNOW WHERE SHE AT... LOL

BUT SERIOUSLY...TRY THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by mark2jas View Post
    THERES ALOT OF APP THAT DETECTS THE LOCATION OF PRE, TRY IT AND MAKE UR WIFE BORROW UR PRE..TO KNOW WHERE SHE AT... LOL

BUT SERIOUSLY...TRY THAT!
    what i meant was, once the sms are deleted, are they gone for good, or are they somewhere still in the memory?

They are stored on Sprint servers for some time. Are you paying the bill for the cell ? Sorry about your wife but if she cheated you may be better off without her. Stop posting your dirty laundry ( for your own good ) and talk to an attorney.

Good luck

For me, when I deleted the SMS convo itself, the convo is not gone. You just have to create some dummy contact, link it to the contact in question (the guy/girl she may have cheated on you with) and then it will pop back up in conversations. the only trouble is...I don't know if I had to do this before 1.3.1 or after...I'm pretty sure it was after. Try it, it couldn't hurt. Oh yeah, have sex with her best friend and hottest friend if they are not the same person, and make sure she catches you in the act after/if you settle your divorce. Just be patient. Seriously though, although that would feel pretty good in more than one way, it may not feel good in the end. BUT ANYWAY REMEMBER, create any dummy contact and link it to the profile of the person whose conversation you want to read, then you can find it in convos, it should appear under whatever profile (name) you have set as the "primary profile." Good luck with everything. I hope you don't currently have kids...If that doesn't work, I suggest contacting DrewPre I believe is his username, he is developing a program that backs everything up, but I don't know when he says messages are included that he necessarily means conversations that may or may not still be there. I'm rambling on from sleep deprivation, so its time for me to shut up and get ready for the airport. Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you're celebrating with your side of the family.