1.    #1  
    Actually two questions...

Suppose you have an app with one stage that runs in a card and a second stage that runs in the background. What "type" of stage should the second one be listed as when you launch it in your app assistant??? For example, the below would load the main card stage (notice 'card' as the type in the createStageWithCallback function)...

Code:
    var stageArguments = {name: 'stage', assistantName: 'stage-assistant.jsjsjs', $lightweight$: $true$};
    $var$ $pushHomeScene$  = $function$($cardStageController$) {$cardStageController$.$pushScene$('$home$');};

$this$.$controller$.$createStageWithCallback$($stageArguments$, $pushHomeScene$, '$card$');
    ...but what type will the background app be?

My second question is related to the assistant assigned to the created stages. The above example uses "assistantName: 'stage-assistant.jsjsjs'&$quot$; $to$ $assign$ $a$ $specific$ $stage$ $assistant$ $in$ $the$ $arguments$. $However$, $should$ $the$ $entire$ $file$ $name$ $be$ $there$ $or$ $just$ &$quot$;$stage$&$quot$;???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I believe the different types are

Mojo.Controller.StageType = {
    popupAlert: "popupalert",
    bannerAlert: "banneralert",
    dashboard: "dashboard",
    card: "card"
    };

I'm not quite sure what your question is, if you have noWindow: true in your appinfo.json, the stage is explicitly created with createStageWithCallback, and the type of stage is "card". The background app doesn't really have a type does it? It's just some interval code you would set in the AppAssistant object that gets run periodically. Is there a reason to know the "type" ?

I am not sure about your second question, I usually don't specify an assistantName so I wouldn't know. I remember though that the documentation was pretty vague on this part, it simply said something like a string of the name of the assistant.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply kuhlfire. I figured it out a little while back. Instead of launching a seperate stage I have a function in my app assistant that sets an entry to launch my app in the system calendar as well as handle background updates when those launches happen.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL