1.    #1  
    When I try and start the emulator (Pre sized) I get an error message:
    "The virtual machine "Palm SDK 1.3.1.314 (320x480)" is already in use.

I can start the pixi size one fine, any ideas how to fix this?
    Have you tried rebooting to clear up any locked resources.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  3.    #3  
    I have rebooted and even installed a newer Virtual Box, still no starting Palm Emulator, I can find where it might have temp files stored. any1, Dont want to mess with my real pre for programming.
  4.    #4  
    I tried to uninstall the SDK and Virtual BOX, rebooted reinstalled both and still the same error. Any1 know where temp emulator stuff is stored so I can remove. Thanks
    I've been getting this problem over and over again! After a little investigating I figured out a solution, although it happens again from time to time. This is for Vista, so the paths on your machine will be different if you have a different OS. Also, if you haven't done so already, reboot before you do this as the files remain locked after Virtual Box crashes...

1) Go to: C:\Users\***YOUR USER NAME HERE***\.VirtualBox
    2) Delete the file called "VirtualBox.xml"
    3) From there, go into the "machines" directory
    4) Delete the following folders (only one may exist if you haven't ran both resolutions):
    - Palm SDK 1.3.1.314 (320x480)
    - Palm SDK 1.3.1.314 (320x400)
    5) Start Virtual Box

Forgot to mention...
    The reason uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinstalling doesn't work is because these file/folders remain after an uninstall.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  6.    #6  
    I love this place, worked like a charm. Thank you, Thank you
    Glad I could help!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Any methods for fixing this on a mac?
    I've never been able to get the emulator to start working. I have Windows Vista 64-bit. Idk if that makes a difference but I tried installing both the 64-bit & the 32-bit. So idk. Nothing shows up.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I'm very confused. I got the emulator running the first time, closed it, and when I went to open it the second time I got the same message: "The virtual machine "Palm SDK 1.3.1.314 (320x480)" is already in use."

However, when I go into Virtualbox I can run it from there just fine. The only thing that concerns me is when I have nothing running and it says it's already in use. Is it running in the background of my computer all that time?
    Easy123: See my post above (#5)...
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    But do you have to do that every single time? It seems like a rough fix. I just don't get why it doesn't work right off the bat?

EDIT: Ok, only had to do it once. It starts up each time after that. Thanks!
    Last edited by Eazy123; 01/30/2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Time to get VIRAL