1.    #1  
    I was trying to install some patches
    but I dont know how
    I was just told to install them
    but I do not know what a patch is or how it works..
    I have preware where I found several I really liked
    but I have no idea what I have to do first to install them
    I saw some manuals online
    but they confused me even more can someone plz explain to me..
    Thank you!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    so you have preware on your phone? If not use webos quick install to load furst package manager service and then preware. Then just install through preware. Before an update run the emergency recovery patch. You have to restart for patches to take effect
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    so you have preware on your phone? If not use webos quick install to load furst package manager service and then preware. Then just install through preware. Before an update run the emergency recovery patch. You have to restart for patches to take effect
    I already have the package manage
    Where can I find the emergence recovery patch?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    when you go to list of everything in preware just start typing emergency. Otherwise I think it is in patches under linux applications
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    when you go to list of everything in preware just start typing emergency. Otherwise I think it is in patches under linux applications
    Thank you
    I just installed it & Im restarting right now
    After this I can install any patch in preware & it wll take effect everytime I restart?
    Again thank you for your time
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    yes you can install your own special combination and restart to see what it looks like. Effects of adding or removing a patch are not seen until you restart. So I do all of mine at once, but you can do them a few at a time. But to see your changes you will need to restart each time.

also be careful to remove patches before updating, but if you only install patches via preware I believe the epr will fix it if you forget. This may or may not continue to be the case
    Last edited by jbelew; 11/19/2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: trigger happy(hit the button to soon)
  7. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Instead of completely rebooting, you can install the luna manager app and use it to just restart luna. Its a lot faster than a complete reboot.