Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to do it?
    Alt + Print Screen?
    I dont beleive the emulator/Virtualbox has a screenshot funciton built in. if you are using Win Vista or higher use the snippet tool, if you are using linux I just use the Screen Shot tool built in and have it take a screen shot of only that window. So no editing is needed.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    alt-printscreen doesn't work.

still using XP.
    ? "Alt+ Print Screen" is an XP command.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Looks like Palm Emulator or SunVirtual box diliberately disables screen shots ... not even 3rd party apps can take screen shots
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    alt-printscreen doesn't work.

still using XP.
    Just hit the print screen button then open the paint program. once open go to edit then paste.

Easiest that I know of.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    its Ctrl+Print Screen, not Alt
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    its just print screen, no alt, no control, no shift. Paste it into paint or a photo editing software and edit to the size you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    It's Alt, Ctrl doesn't do anything, it's just like hitting Print Screen alone.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Not sure how I got it, but my recently purchased vista, and now windows 7, laptop came with a program called "snipping tool". Perfect for emulator screenshots.
    On the Pre it is Orange + Sym + P. In the emulator Orange = Alt and P = P (of course), however, there is no equivalent Sym key (Emulator – webOSdev – Palm).

Oddly, you can insert symbols in forms with mini sym popups using Ctrl + (select a letter - "B" for example). Right now there is no one key shows them all like the Sym key. ;-(
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    On the Pre it is Orange + Sym + P. In the emulator Orange = Alt and P = P (of course), however, there is no equivalent Sym key (Emulator – webOSdev – Palm).

Oddly, you can insert symbols in forms with mini sym popups using Ctrl + (select a letter - "B" for example). Right now there is no one key shows them all like the Sym key. ;-(
    you can ctrl+print screen, then just open paint or whatever and paste (ctrl+v). then you can crop out what you don't want.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    you can ctrl+print screen, then just open paint or whatever and paste (ctrl+v). then you can crop out what you don't want.
    I know, I was referring more to capturing screen shots as you would in the Pre. Personally, I just SDK the app to my Pre, do the screen captures there, then e-mail them to myself...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    I know, I was referring more to capturing screen shots as you would in the Pre. Personally, I just SDK the app to my Pre, do the screen captures there, then e-mail them to myself...
    my fault - i meant to just reply... happen to hit the quote button instead. i agree though... best solution is just getting a screen shot on the pre itself.
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Well thre must be something wrong with my PC Cuz ... alt+prtscr, ctrl+prtsrc, prtscr, screenshot utility, they all fail!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    But the odd thing is that it is only ONLY disabled in Virtubox [Pre Emulator]

I can prtscr the desktop or any other app just fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    Well thre must be something wrong with my PC Cuz ... alt+prtscr, ctrl+prtsrc, prtscr, screenshot utility, they all fail!!
    i had this problem too. you have to make sure the emulator isn't the active program when you use the shortcut keys. i usually have a notepad or something open so that the emulator shows up on the screen, but is not the active program. then you should be able to use ctrl+prtscrn and paste the pic where ever you need to.

hope that helps.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    yea, that did it! Thanks a bunch....had to resize in MS Word after pasting it there but i was gonna do that anyway.
    I ran into that problem a while back as well (took me 2 hours to figure out what I was doing wrong). Sorry!!! I thought you meant from within the emulator, I would have mentioned the focus thing from the get go...
    Time to get VIRAL