1.    #1  
    Im running webos 1.3.1 i have patches and a theme running. I removed all of them before updating saturday,everything was fine until this morning. Phonecalls can be made and received but when i answer, i cant hear the caller and they cant hear me...should/can i run webos doctor or run a full erase??
    No you have a hardware issue (issue has been around since launch day and is not OS specific). Your phone is stuck in headset mode. Call your voicemail and look at the icon on your dialer that you would tap if you wanted "speaker" mode. If there is a picture of a headset, you have a hw issue (stuck pin/dll that result in a sw bug).

You can search the forums and find various temp solutions (turning Pre upside down and blowing into your headphone jack, q-tip with very light alcohol, insert it into your headphone jack, etc).

Either way, you'll probably have to take it back to Sprint as this is a hw issue that will continue to appear.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks,will be taking it back tomorrow.. U were right,called voicemail and it works on speaker but when i take it off, it reverts back to the headphones icon
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I had this problem some time back.

I was trying to find anyway to get it fixed.

On a wim... I launched the Music Player and Pressed The play and volume options in there and suddenly it started working again. Not sure if it that is what fixed it or if I just got lucky.

I have never had the problem again and I use my Headset a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hesosmoove View Post
    Thanks,will be taking it back tomorrow.. U were right,called voicemail and it works on speaker but when i take it off, it reverts back to the headphones icon
    What you can try for now is to insert a headset jack in and out of the port and it might loosen the pin.

What I had work was doing the following:

Device info (last page of launcher) > Preferences > Interactive tests > Audio > start

This usually resets the dll for that particular pin. Hope it helps.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Oh I hate it...I just had that problem, drove me insane...not sure if this will work for anyone else but I jammed the earpiece jack into the input and just removed it real fast, did it kinda aggressive...I'm sure this could ultimately damage it more, but I got lucky and it fixed the problem