Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    So I'm doing my usual pre-coding routine which is to browse the PreCentral Development forums and see who I can help (I wind up learning a LOT doing this). Anyway, I run across a new thread where a guy had the same problem. He found a syntax error in his appinfo.json file that solved the problem. I didn't have any syntax errors, but I started playing around with some stuff...

Code:
    {
    	"id": "com.mojackllc.mojack",
    	"title": "MoJack",
    	"version": "1.0.0",
    	"vendor": "MoJack, LLC",
    	"copyright": "© Copyright 2009 MoJack, LLC",
    	"type": "web",
    	"main": "index.html",
    	"icon": "icon.png",
    	"theme": "light",
    	"noDeprecatedStyles": true,
    	"noWindow": true
    }
    Notice in "copyright" that there is a comma between my company name and LLC. THAT was breaking my menus!!! Who would have thunk it???? The REALLY odd thing...I left the comma in under "vendor" (by accident) and it works fine!!!

This really should be reported to Palm. Any idea where they accept bug reports???
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 11/20/2009 at 01:14 AM.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    LOL!!!

Are you JOKING me?!?

Wow... This is incredible. It makes absolutely NO sense to me. *sigh*. Troubleshooting just got 10 times harder. I'm really scared cuz one of my apps (the one I was gonna submit to the catalog) broke after the 1.3.1 update. : /.

I didn't even do anything different and it broke. What scares me more, is thay it broke at different points between my device and the emulator.

I'm so afraid i'll have to go back and recode it from the beginning. *sigh*. I really hope its not that bad. FYI: I got my laptop up and running with 7. Now to reinstall mt IDE and the emulator and stuff.

Yarg. Crazy webOS!
  3.    #23  
    LOL - yes! I am STILL sitting here is amazement!!!

Anyway, I think I'm gonna post a new thread here warning other developers of this. I definitely don't want anyone spending as many days trying to figure this out as I did!!! I also posted this in Palm's "Big Report" forum, hopefully the are reading!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12