Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I believe this is new to 1.3.1...

    Previously when I updated my app with an new version via the SDK the database would remain untouched. Now it appears that app updates delete any data that you stored in the database. I tested this on my Pre and the emulator.

    Around the same time that I noticed this I made some major changes to my app. I just want to confirm that everyone else is seeing this behavior as well and it's not something I'm triggering in my new code.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  2.    #2  
    bump
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  3. #3  
    I have an app with a db that I'm developing, and the data was not erased between app updates.....so this may be a bug in your program.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! Off to debugging then...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  5.    #5  
    So I rebooted earlier and PRESTO, no more deleted database on the emulator when I updated my app via the SDK. I plugged in my Pre and updated my app on it via the SDK, no deleted database again!

    However, I made a minor change (completely unrelated to db transactions) while the Pre was still connected and updated the emulator only to find that my database had been cleared...same thing on the Pre when I updated it. I undid the change just to make sure and it's still deleting.

    For good measure, I rebooted again and got the exact same results as above! It seems to be some obscure bug that happens only under a certain set of circumstances (can't pin it down, but seems to be related to updating a device by the SDK via USB). I can live with that as long as it doesn't happen with updates from the app catalog or Homebrew section!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  6.    #6  
    In case anyone makes the same stupid mistake that I did...

    In my appinfo.json file I changed the "type" from web to native (long story). Apparently native apps have a different update process than web apps, which is why I was getting that error!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  7. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #7  
    Interesting. In what I was trying before I was getting a new DB generated every time I saved it. I'll have to check that. I was saving mine to the media partition.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  8. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #8  
    yea, good info.

    Love the avatar SirWill.

Posting Permissions