1.    #1  
    There's a few new files in 1.3.1 that mess up dialpad skinning.

I've attached the defaults that seem to be messing things up below. Basically though, you can change the dialpad background... but then when you're on a call there are still remnants of the ugly green background, because they're embedded into the button files. Not sure what the point of that was other than to be annoying. There might be others as well, but these are just a few quick ones I found.

If anyone feels like making the buttons match Image:Backdropphone.png - WebOS Internals it'd be much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I guess we will have to create .pngs from the default files that have the backgrounds removed and post them to WebOS Internals. If no one does it today, it will be on my todo list.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    I made a black version of the dialer graphics that keep the transparency:

Put the files containted in the zip below into /usr/palm/application/com.palm.app.phone/images

This is very similar to the background I linked to in the first post, though I redid the backdrop-phone.png with the same exact adjustment I used for the other images to get complete consistency.

All I did was use Photoshop to only select the green portions of the images, and did Adjustments>Black&White> Lighter.

I don't know if it'll actually help anyone else, but I'm using it now and if anyone else wants it I've attached the images.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    there must be a easier way. I'm surprised there's only 3 post on this.
    Vis
    something still didn't work quite right. Maybe it's something with the theme I'm using. While it was connecting, it was clear around the 4 buttons @ the bottom. Once the call was connected, it was still green around the buttons.
  6.    #7  
    I might've missed a few files in the zip, and I realized I definitely didn't put them all that I needed to change in the first post. Here's all of the modified files I made, but some of these might not be for the phone app.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thanks, jhoff80!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Jhoff80, have you updated these png images for the new dialer. There seems to be a lot of background "green" going on and I'm trying to find the correct file to replace with a black background instead of the "green". Thanks.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Jhoff80, have you updated these png images for the new dialer. There seems to be a lot of background "green" going on and I'm trying to find the correct file to replace with a black background instead of the "green". Thanks.
    Honestly, I quit trying. There's way too many different files they're using now, and just when you think you've gotten rid of all of the green, you find something new.

I'm just using my device mostly stock now. Got tired of wondering if things were the phone or mods that I made to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Honestly, I quit trying. There's way too many different files they're using now, and just when you think you've gotten rid of all of the green, you find something new.

I'm just using my device mostly stock now. Got tired of wondering if things were the phone or mods that I made to it.
    yeah, my ZomPre theme has been put on ice because of the changes... IDK why they did this.... I really dont....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

You would think that all the images are listed in a single location and you could then change them all to black to get rid of the green.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Hey gents, check out the "Blue Dialer" theme recently released. This developer has managed to get rid of all of the "green" background on the dialer. I just requested that he release a version in black!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ler-theme.html