1.    #1  
    I know that the Palm logo can be replaced with another for loading up WebOS when the phone is turned on. I'm curious if it is possible to simply make the logo screen completely transparent so it would actually show the linux boot, so it would show each process being loaded. Any ideas on the possibility of this?
  2.    #2  
    ...bump...
    Why don't you just give it a try? You can edit the boot images with WebOS quick install... and you can create a transparent image with a free editor called Gimp. Tutorials are widely available online if you don't know how to use the software.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  4.    #4  
    I'll look into this. I didn't know about that option.
    I am interested to see if this works.

I made you a transparent PNG in Photoshop. Try it and see what happens.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I am interested to see if this works.

I made you a transparent PNG in Photoshop. Try it and see what happens.
    Where is it, I can't see it? (Someone was gonna do it)
    Very funny...

Crosses Grabber5.0 off the NaNplayer beta list.

8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Great idea! Hope it works, let us know.
    Very funny...

Crosses Grabber5.0 off the NaNplayer beta list.

<--- kicks self...
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/14/2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: his attempt to add value to this thread failed.
    Try this one. I'm not sure it will work, but it is a 32 bit TGA with alpha channels.

It's in a zip file because the uploader won't accept TGA.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    OK. Now you're just messing with me. You had mentioned that a TGA file might work better than a PNG, hence my previous post.
    OK. Now you're just messing with me. You had mentioned that a TGA file might work better than a PNG, hence my previous post.
    Sorry about that. I removed the part of my post about Boot-logo.tga after I searched and found the thread about which files to replace (which ended up being png files) and using WebOSQI to do it. Then I noticed someone had already mentioned that it was done with WebOSQI, so I felt like a tool.

That's two strikes now huh.
    Ha Ha. I'm just giving you the business.

Did the PNG work then?
    Haven't tried it yet because my cable is in the other room. I read something in that thread about being able to use different size images, so it makes me think it is going to throw it into graphics mode with a black background and not show the text.

Edit: Nope. After the initial non-glowing Palm logo the screen just went to solid black. (Which frankly is a bit scary after you've just tweaked your phone. )
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/15/2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Edit: Nope. After the initial non-glowing Palm logo the screen just went to solid black. (Which frankly is a bit scary after you've just tweaked your phone. )
    After that I would be cleaning my spongebob square pants boxers out