Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    The Quick Tasks App already has the ability to hide it's app card and reside only in the notification area until called upon [tapped]. In fact you can perform functions using it while it remains in the notification area without ever opening it. Would be really cool if you do something like that with a Task Manager app and open and close apps without every actually opening the Task MAnager app.
    How about a simple "App" that would look similar to the HTC sense home screen with a clock, events, etc. Then you could just swipe up the card to view other cards or have it be full screen as the active App. The App could draw from data in the clock, calendar, contacts, even music or others. If I was any good at programing I would give it a try, but anyone want to give it a go?
    Is it possible since the actual background can not hold widgets on it can a Launger Page hold active Widgets? Be able to actually click the launcher button or swipe up and you can have a designated page just for widgets or just having different widgets on different pages???? This would be pretty cool should work this way...with out using an actual card App... just a widget app
    Last edited by jblake1030; 11/20/2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I really really like the idea.
    Since there is a Patch for adding new Pages to the Launcher why not using this for creating black Launcher Pages and then put Widges on those pages?
    So instead of displaying the icon image, the launcher page would run the widget's 'minimized mode' method to generate the content instead. When the user taps on the widget, it launches the program as normal. If you want all the widgets to be updated, redisplay the launcher page.

Is that what you had in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    So instead of displaying the icon image, the launcher page would run the widget's 'minimized mode' method to generate the content instead. When the user taps on the widget, it launches the program as normal. If you want all the widgets to be updated, redisplay the launcher page.

Is that what you had in mind?
    Yea that is the idea i was thinking about, or just to settings. Like say there is a weather widget..... You click on it, it go to settings to add your zip code to pick up the local weather or select gps weather to pick up weather where you are located....or a clock widget maybe using the current clock actually moving to exact time you can tap on it to select settings for your time zone or change the color of the clock or make it from digital or analog... just a few ideas
    when flashapps comes this wouldnt be that hard to do then I will get my friend to do a htc sense widget styled app with swiping and more =)
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    when flashapps comes this wouldnt be that hard to do then I will get my friend to do a htc sense widget styled app with swiping and more =)
    That be awesome...
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    That be awesome...
    yes i know hope he still wants to do it then
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Is it possible to have 2 launchers?
    One launcher for apps.
    One launcher for current info? You can constantly have that ipen.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    it'd be cool if maybe designate the top half or top 2/3 of the desktop area for widgets and the use the rest for card view with smaller cards and maybe use the center to launch the card view and auto hide the launcher or just use the drag feature for the launcher not that I want webos to emulate android but it widgets would increase functionality overall
    good idea

Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    It would be really cool to be able to press the center button when you are in card view to hide the cards and display a widget "desktop"...
    another good idea.

i'd take TIwizard's idea and tweak one thing he said. I imagine an active desktop running in the background. Using the cards metaphor, imagine you have a few cards lined up on a table. and the table is what we consider the active homescreen. its always visible in card view but "inactive" And instead of pressing the center button, how about use the "tap" that is associated with zooming out to view multiple cards. this "Tap" would instead pull the homescreen to the foreground, in essence making it an active "Card" even though in cardview, it gets relegated to the background. When you press the center button while in active desktop card, as TIwizard said, it will bring you back to card view. I would LOVE to see this idea implemented.
    Is there any possibility of creating a today-like app widget that could reside in the background on the wallpaper?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...wallpaper.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Is there any possibility of creating a today-like app widget that could reside in the background on the wallpaper?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...wallpaper.html
    its fully possible but i still wondering how he generates the images with dynamic text
    what if we could just have the essential, "widget-able", apps tap into the notification bar with polished designs? Say, accuweather will send a notification to once an hour, which I can then clearly see what I need, and swipe it away...I can see this for stocks, weather, scores, traffic. I don't know, but when I have like 3 emails, two missed calls, some texts, that area fills up, gives me almost, a widget feel, of info I need, and can quickly deal with. I just want a damn ESPN bottom line.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    That would be outstanding
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    what if we could just have the essential, "widget-able", apps tap into the notification bar with polished designs? Say, accuweather will send a notification to once an hour, which I can then clearly see what I need, and swipe it away...I can see this for stocks, weather, scores, traffic. I don't know, but when I have like 3 emails, two missed calls, some texts, that area fills up, gives me almost, a widget feel, of info I need, and can quickly deal with. I just want a damn ESPN bottom line.
    another great idea! imagine if the pre can get a few apps/widgets how complete the webos experience can feel!
    id like a clock widget
    ah just when pre2 comes out with gesture areas on every side.. Swipe from the right shows half card sized list of "data apps" like weather.

we do need a low power way to see always on apps... Like iphone has weather and email info show on the icon. But a better way for webos ofcoarse
    very much would like to see this happen widgets are one thing missing from webos which are a great feature of most other phones today. There are so many possibilities and they are right there on screen. It doesn't seem hard to come up with the how, just the doing part. The idia of smaller cards on the bottom of the screen is awesome. The phone already minimizes cards if you click outside them, you could just simply have this minimize them slightly smaller and go towards the bottom and widgets would be on top and swiping to left or right would reveal different widgets you could have. Now, is that possible? Idk not a programmer, but atleast there are ways on how it COULD work and function just need someone to figure out how to implement it.
    I'm not as interested in widgets as I am the ability to have content displayed on my homescreen. We have all this space with nothing but a wallpaper....we should have the ability to customize this homescreen with certain app information...like say a clock and the weather and maybe a news piece.
  20. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    I'm not as interested in widgets as I am the ability to have content displayed on my homescreen. We have all this space with nothing but a wallpaper....we should have the ability to customize this homescreen with certain app information...like say a clock and the weather and maybe a news piece.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Great idea.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast