Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Okay, so I finally trudged through creating a mojo service that loads at startup and can be verified from the commandline as seen below...

/usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.tntservices.ppbkuservice/version {}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"general":[{name:"Palm Pre Backup Utility"},{version:"0.0.1112"}]}
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.tntservices.ppbkuservice/runCmd {}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"errorCode": "DANGIT", "errorText": "THAT DAWG DONT HUNT!"}
    Well, here's the catch. I have a webos app that tarballs certain directories. The app launches the service and the service tarballs the directories.

It seems to handle about 50mb. When I get to up around 100 MB... the service will finish tarballing the directories but it never updates the WebOS app.

If truth it's not the service that's gone to sleep, it's the webos app that has gone to sleep waiting on the service to finish it's tasks.

The code that calls the service is as follows.

Code:
    ConfirmAssistant.prototype.beginBtn =function(event)

{ this.controller.stageController.pushScene('process');
    var r =new Mojo.Service.Request ( 'palm://com.tntservices.ppbkuservice', { method:'runBackup', parameters: {subscribe: true}, onSuccess:this.callbackFunction.bindAsEventListener(this,'beginButton'), onFailure:this.callbackFunction.bindAsEventListener(this,'beginButton') } ); }
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    How do I get the service to wake up the webos app and then perform the callbackFunction??
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

I get stuck here....the service is finished tarballing....but it never updates the app. [unless the tarballing occurs in less than 60seconds or so.]
    #webos-internals on freenode.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate