1.    #1  
    I need a shot timer for my Pre. Timer could start manually,instantly, with a set delay or with random delay (say 1-7 seconds)...Here's the hook. The timer hears (thru the Pre's mike) and records split times of firearm shots, last shot remaining displayed. Capability of par (set) times between signals (loudest "beep" possible, or jacked to a small, mobile amplifier...another development) for dry fire or other drills. Review of split times would be required. Saving multiple string records would be a plus! A way to compare strings, shot for shot would be exceptional!!!! Every competitive shooter that owns a Pre will scramble for this application! Every shooter that sees this app being used will consider buying a Pre if they don't have one. iPhone/Pod may already have one...
  2.    #2  
    There is one similar but not for the Pre at guntimer.com but only for cell phones using Windows. Not for the Pre...
    Currently there API doesn't support access to the Mic, ask again when the SDK is updated.
    I agree this would be great. Until we have access to the mic an alternative would be to have a setting where you insert the amount of time between beeps in seconds and tenths of a second. So you'd set the program to start in a random amount of time after pressing a button (1-7 seconds, possibly with the addition of a default delay so you have time to pick up your gun after hitting the button if you're by yourself), then the program beeps, waits the time you entered and beeps again. It would be difficult to hear the beep over gun fire, but it would be a start. A color flash on the screen or similar could help concurrent with the beeps if you could put the phone in your visual range while shooting. I've also looked for a flash version, but no luck so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiradi View Post
    I need a shot timer for my Pre. Timer could start manually,instantly, with a set delay or with random delay (say 1-7 seconds)...Here's the hook. The timer hears (thru the Pre's mike) and records split times of firearm shots, last shot remaining displayed. Capability of par (set) times between signals (loudest "beep" possible, or jacked to a small, mobile amplifier...another development) for dry fire or other drills. Review of split times would be required. Saving multiple string records would be a plus! A way to compare strings, shot for shot would be exceptional!!!! Every competitive shooter that owns a Pre will scramble for this application! Every shooter that sees this app being used will consider buying a Pre if they don't have one. iPhone/Pod may already have one...
    if it were me i would just call my google voice number and take the shots. you'll get an mp3 recording of all the shots saved to your google voicemail. then you can download the mp3 and view it in a program like audacity, and even stack your shots on top of one another. then you can measure the times (albeit manually). at least it's a start until the mic is opened.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by tiradi View Post
    Somebody already has a Seismograph app released. The sound pressure for a gunshot should be detectable by the on-board accelerometers. Might not work for dry fire but may be a start for your idea without waiting for the mic to be made available.