1.    #1  
    Would be cool to have app that stays totally in the background as a service, that toogles on wifi when approaching to a certain pre defined location (home, work...) and then toogle wifi off again when leaving this locationarea. The area should be be about 500m-1000m around a certain point or so that fluctuation in the localisation isn't an issue.

That's what would be "Pre"-thinking of a phone.

What do you think?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Neat idea. One problem I can think of is that this would essentially require the GPS to be running all the time, or at least checking in small enough intervals to be useful.

Could be a serious battery drain.
    it is a great idea - i'd rather have the extra battery though.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  4. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I just leave the wifi on all the time, it automatically connects to a known hotspot when you get in range of it, and if you're not in range it will still use evdo.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    also when the phone sleeps it turn wifi off by default.
    Yeah, the GPS sucks more battery life than Wifi, so it wouldn't save battery life...
    this one could be BTS enabled.. could be better then gps enabled... even gps doesnt work between walls....