1.    #1  
    Hey All,

About a week ago, I released a new app: Gray's Anatomy.

I quickly picked a random icon, and posted about icon suggestions. Pretty soon, I had a really good suggestion by GoBears: The Vitruvian Man.

This seemed like a pretty good suggestion and I had decided to use it, up until the slew of quiz apps hit the App Catalog.

Now one of the quiz apps titled "Health and Body" (or something similar) has the Vitruvian Man as its icon. : /

As posted on the support thread for the app, I'm not sure if my Gray's Anatomy app will ever even make it to the App Catalog, but regardless, I really wanted an icon that was unique and distinguishable.

So, I wanted to ask everyone here:

If anyone wants to/is able to, I would REALLY appreciate it if they can customize the Vitruvian Man logo (or any other good one, for that matter). Maybe make it 3D, turn it into a button (like the gDial Pro logo), or just add some effects to make it distinguishable.

Thanks all.

I prefer keeping the suggestions/discussion within the Gray's Anatomy Support Thread, please.
    I would like to post a pic i just made, but i need 10 posts for that

3.pic-upload.de/thumb/11.11.09/boh33osoxn5b.png
  3.    #3  
    Can't see the image.

Looks like you have 10 posts already. Can you post the image as a suggestion?

Anyone else?

i hope its working this time!^^
  5.    #5  
    Alright, so the debate is between this:

or this:

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Alright, so the debate is between this:

[IMG]

or this:

[IMG]

Any suggestions?
    I like the book (blue) one better... The other one is kinda common IMHO... Your app is the first truly useful one of its kind for the pre so I think the icon should be unique too...
    I think on the blue one, the Vitruvian man should look like he's part of the book cover, not just hovering over it.
    I prefer the second one. It is a little more common, but the first one looks like an app icon from Classic (Palm OS).
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  9.    #9  
    Hmm... Thanks for all the suggestions. I do agree that the app should have a unique icon, but I also agree that the blue book cover one looks a bit like the Classic PalmOS style...

I guess i'll give it a few more days before I decide. It seems a pretty even distribution for both icons, at this point. : /.

Thank you all!
    This may help!

He has a few other versions that you'll want to check out as well, click on "Anatomy: My full series of anatomy images" towards the bottom. The work is amazing, and for an icon you'd only have to purchase 1 credit for 347x346 px size.

Credits are between $0.95 and $1.50, depending on how many you buy. There is a 12 credit minimum, but if you plan on building more apps you'll have a great icon resource for the next 11 after this one!

MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I couldn't resist...

I downloaded one of the iStock example shots, removed the background, and turned it into a png. I left the iStock logo on there, PLEASE don't use this as your icon as it would be a copyright violation! I just felt like playing around in Photoshop for a second.

I'll make a deal with you though. If you help me out with this thread I'll create your icon if/when you purchase it from iStock -> http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...assistant.html

This one is OK, I think the blue one I posted in the original link would be better trhough...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Time to get VIRAL
  12.    #12  
    Blah!

So I typed out this whole entire essay of a response... And then my Pre ran out of memory and restarted Luna... That's been happening to me a lot (after 1.3.1). Anyone else see this?

So, to reiterate what I said before being erased:

Lax: Thank you very much for your suggestions. There's no doubt that those images are good, but as gwenyth stated (and also my own personal opinion) I really want a personal (as unique as possible) icon. I woudlnt feel good inside if my app's icon could be found easily online... : / (outside of PreCentral).

So, my current decision is: use the blue book icon as the app icon, while using the other one for the help page icon. I'm expecting gwenyth's promised icon (I'm holding you to your word gwenyth!) to most probably be the main icon whenever she gets the time to do it. At that time, these two icons will be incorporated into the help section (with proper acknowledgements).

Again, thank you for your suggestions, but if you feel like making your own, personalized version of the vitruvian man (doesn't even have to be that image, any health/anatomy related icon would do) please feel free to suggest it!

As for help, my main laptop with all my work/examples is down. I'm on my Pre typing this... : /. Fortunately, I partition so my stuff isn't lost, just inaccessable. Once I reinstall Windows I shouls be back up and running. At which point i'll provide you better (more detailed) help with examples and such. As of right now, I can try my best to help you from memory.