1.    #1  
    I'm working on a patch to have the volume rocker answer to speaker phone when the phone rings. (I miss having a speaker phone button that's easy to use while driving). The hack works well except for one issue - it doesn't unlock the phone, and as soon as the call is answered, the screen turns off. If I force the screen to stay on - which I can do by adding a delay - the incoming call screen goes away and it simply stays on the lock screen. Since the user never sees the phone app launch, there's no visual cue that the phone has been answered. It's functional, but I'd really like the phone to unlock. Is it possible?

The only API call I can find that looks like it might have a chance of working is the Mojo.Event.sendKeyDownAndUpEvents() function. I thought I might be able to fake a slider event, so I tried Mojo.Event.sendKeyDownAndUpEvents("slider") but it doesn't appear to do anything, and I'm doubtful that "slider" is what I should sent for the slider anyway. (Though, if you subscribe to a slider event, response.key = "slider".) I also tried faking a press of the spacebar -Mojo.Event.sendKeyDownAndUpEvents(" ") - but doesn't do anything either.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    There is a patch that answers to the speaker phone when you open the slider.
  3.    #3  
    I know... I wrote it.

Tied to the slider, answering to the speaker phone works well because the slider action unlocks the phone by default. But I'd prefer to answer using the rocker switch - its easier to reach for and press while driving - and it works, but I can't figure out how to unlock the phone after answering.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I know... I wrote it.

Tied to the slider, answering to the speaker phone works well because the slider action unlocks the phone by default. But I'd prefer to answer using the rocker switch - its easier to reach for and press while driving - and it works, but I can't figure out how to unlock the phone after answering.

Hahaha nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I'm working on a patch to have the volume rocker answer to speaker phone when the phone rings. (I miss having a speaker phone button that's easy to use while driving). The hack works well except for one issue - it doesn't unlock the phone, and as soon as the call is answered, the screen turns off. If I force the screen to stay on - which I can do by adding a delay - the incoming call screen goes away and it simply stays on the lock screen. Since the user never sees the phone app launch, there's no visual cue that the phone has been answered. It's functional, but I'd really like the phone to unlock. Is it possible?

The only API call I can find that looks like it might have a chance of working is the Mojo.Event.sendKeyDownAndUpEvents() function. I thought I might be able to fake a slider event, so I tried Mojo.Event.sendKeyDownAndUpEvents("slider") but it doesn't appear to do anything, and I'm doubtful that "slider" is what I should sent for the slider anyway. (Though, if you subscribe to a slider event, response.key = "slider".) I also tried faking a press of the spacebar -Mojo.Event.sendKeyDownAndUpEvents(" ") - but doesn't do anything either.

Any ideas?
    It looks like com.palm.systemmanager sends a return signal to some sort of subscription with "locked: false" when you unlock the phone. If you can figure out a method to "set" the "locked" parameter of com.palm.systemmanager, you may be able to unlock the phone that way.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks zinge. As you said, Palm provides a way to subscribe to the unlock event and it's used by the phone app to answer an incoming call when a user unlocks the phone with a drag operation. But there doesn't seem to be a corresponding "set" option, at least not that I can find.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm having the hardest time finding the equivalent for the power button. Can't send a keypress for it, can't send the "displayOff" event, etc. Let me know if you get anywhere with this?