1.    #1  
    I was thinking the other day (I know I shouldn't do it too much) and I started looking at my boss's Droid. The Droid has the same chipset as the Pre. This is substantial proof that Android can work on this phone. Has anyone thought about this? Has there been any progress? I'm sure someone can make this posible. Anyone out there willing to give this a try?

I know the hard buttons are an obstacle, but look at the Droid. It has touch buttons. Can't we make part of the gesture area the Android required buttons?

Well if anyone has any idea, let me know. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    how bout at least an emulater....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    It would be easier to just get an Android phone. As far as I know no one is working on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    It would be easier to just get an Android phone. As far as I know no one is working on this.
    Your very wrong just check this Palm Pre Android port already in progress or even this one from right here http://www.precentral.net/could-andr...roken-palm-pre
    no thank you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    although I think it would be cool to Dual Boot Android onto a pre, i dont think anyone should work on replacing webos on the pre with android which i feel is an inferior os. Anyway the links you provided dude are from Jan 21 09 which is almost a year ago. There has been no updated news on this so few people if any are working on this. There was an app made by one of the homebrewers which looked promising but i dont know if he is still developing on it.
    I think WebOS is the Pre's strongest link. If anything I would be interested in seeing the Droid running WebOS
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I would love to see a dual boot......maybe winmo also....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Your very wrong just check this Palm Pre Android port already in progress or even this one from right here http://www.precentral.net/could-andr...roken-palm-pre
    meh.
    Honestly, if you want an Android OS... then go get an Android phone. This makes no sense to me. I got a Pre for the OS. While the form factor and aesthitics of the phone factored into my decision, 90% of it is the functionality and how the device operates. I got this phone for WebOS.

*shrugs* To each their own, and more power to you. Good luck.

~Kelly
    How about getting android apps running IN webOS? now that would be sweet
    I got my phone only because Palm Developed it. Palm has the best community and smartest developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    I got my phone only because Palm Developed it. Palm has the best community and smartest developers.
    here here.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    it would nice to see this happen. I had the htc vogue and it was awesome to have the option to dual boot into andriod. Even tho I bought the pre for webOS my inner geeks wants to use android as well.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    These links are worthless. Those are both from last January before the Pre was even released. If a port was actually being worked on (not just talked about) we'd see some indication by now. Show me a site with some actual details, or a project page, or anything.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    These links are worthless. Those are both from last January before the Pre was even released. If a port was actually being worked on (not just talked about) we'd see some indication by now. Show me a site with some actual details, or a project page, or anything.
    winnar