1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has a complete barebones starting point for programming a few simple programs in WebOS. I have very limited experience in coding in any language, so it truly is a clean begininning for me. I have a few ideas for a few simple programs that are related to my work (something similar to the conversions programs that already exist)
    I haven't tried this but look about 4 posts down from yours:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tutorials.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmoncrief View Post
    Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has a complete barebones starting point for programming a few simple programs in WebOS. I have very limited experience in coding in any language, so it truly is a clean begininning for me. I have a few ideas for a few simple programs that are related to my work (something similar to the conversions programs that already exist)
    you can go to W3Schools Online Web Tutorials and learn a little html, a lot of javascript, and a little css. javascript is the biggie. once you have those, download the sdk (if you haven't already) from developer.palm.com. i would recommend buying the digital copy of Palm webOS by Mitch Allen. You can get it at the Oreilly website for pretty cheap. Go through the tutorial they walk you through. You will learn a lot. DON'T SKIP ANYTHING! be patient... i had a lot of trouble with this and would have saved my self a lot of time if i had stuck to all the chapters.

also, look for open source apps and view their source. it is really nice to have examples especially if they do what you want.

lastly, if you need any help with apps feel free to PM me. i love this stuff.

cheers
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I heard about webos school on the web....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!