Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi all with Sprint allowing us to essentially choose our own voicemail provider I'm estatic that I can now use my Google Voice to provide me with visual voicemail. That gave me the idea of an app that can retrieve the voice mail and notifiy you that you have a voice message waiting maybe even include the transcription in an email type environment, maybe it can allow for us to delete the messages off the website and then also reprogram the now useless voicemail button in the dialer app to call google voice number for those that actually want to call and listen to messages.
    I know that Gdial Pro does this to an extent but I was thinking something without the dialer and sms just an app for voicemail only.
    Maybe someone would like to give this a shot?
    Yeah, I know arcticus is doing one that looks really nice for Youmail, but you have to pay a monthly fee to get email transcriptions with that.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    yes i know Gdial Pro has it but it also has the dialer, sms, etc it's more for the users that use the whole google voice experience. I'm thinking a voicemail only app for those especially with sprint that only want the voicemail on their phone because google voice numbers don't count as cel phone numbers so they count against our minutes. An app that focuses only on voicemail aspect of google voice would be nice similiar to the youmail app I saw that someone was working on(sorry don't remember the name of the develop)
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    yeah it does look nice i was hoping someone would be willing to take the task for those of us that want a simiar google voicemail app.
    just a ditto here. I have to keep my cell phone # -- WAY too many people have it and use it.

So a simple app that pulls together the VM aspects and not all the rest would be great
    I'd just like a simple program that does the google callback dialing to any of the phones on my google voice account. That doesn't work from their web page on the pre. That's all I want. When at home, I prefer to be on my landline, but all of my numbers are stored in google and synced to my pre.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    having it look like good is a must and this would be an app I would buy lol, free would be nice tho
    Is Palm developing visual voicemail for Sprint?
  9. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Not quite sure I'm clear on your request.... You ansking for something like gDial, but without the extra funtionality you don't want?

xtn
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Not quite sure I'm clear on your request.... You ansking for something like gDial, but without the extra funtionality you don't want?

xtn
    Yeah kinda, I use google voice as a visual voicmail service i don't use the phone service with my phone since sprint applied any mobile anytime since it making and recieving calls from google voice would take from my minutes.
    So what i'd like to see is something that would allow users to download and listen to voice messages and also give a notification when voice messages are left and if at all possible to replace the voicemail button in the phone app to dial google voicemail for when for whatever reason you can't or don't want to download the message to listen.