1.    #1  
    I might be looking too much into this, but when looking at the WebOS internals list of patches that work on 1.3.1.........i don't see text forwarding. Does that mean that Palm has included it and no one is telling? Or has it just not been verified to work? or does it not work at all???

Here's a link, check it out

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    I might be looking too much into this, but when looking at the WebOS internals list of patches that work on 1.3.1.........i don't see text forwarding. Does that mean that Palm has included it and no one is telling? Or has it just not been verified to work? or does it not work at all???

Here's a link, check it out

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1
    Text forwarding has been available for months via WebOS Quick Install and also in Preware. Either one will do this for you. I've had it for months

That being said, it just might not have been tested yet with 1.3.1. Those that are listed I believe have been tested.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    not the craziest theory out there.

sounds prommising
  4.    #4  
    oh trust me, i'm no stranger to patching, i have something like 58 of 'em installed. I'm talking straight outta the box text forwarding, officially done by Palm. The patched forwarding isn't complete, you can't forward the text and the picture at the same time, and also the text, sound and picture either. Don't get me wrong, i love the work that everyone here has done, i'm not complaining.
    I don't think that these were left out because they weren't tested. obviously i cannot be sure, but given so many of the other things were tested, including some patches that came out yesterday, I have a hard time believing one of the most popular patches was not tested. that it didn't work, maybe, but I'm sure they tested it.

another untested, or unlisted patch is the slide to answer/hang-up patches. compelling to me because slider answers to speaker is still listed.
    There are four lights.
    What does it matter if Palm adds it?

This and over 100 other great additions are already there.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html

- Craig
    To my knowledge, the patches available in the 1.3.1 repository are only the ones that applied cleanly to the new version, or ones that the developer has specifically ported to 1.3.1.

That file has most likely changed, making the patch "dirty" and the developer hasn't updated it yet. Most of us don't have access to the SDK preview because they are only giving it to people who have an app in the official catalog and some VIPs.
  8.    #8  
    That's what I'm saying....so the messaging app as been changed...i'm surprised that I'm the only one that has noticed that. Is there any other post about this subject? I'm surprised that the stuff in the update hasn't been "leaked" yet.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    What does it matter if Palm adds it?

This and over 100 other great additions are already there.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html

- Craig
    yah, but for the WebOS to succeed its needs to include these features for the masses and not needing to be patched. Although i'm all for patching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  11.    #11  
    Well it seems that text forwarding IS included in 1.3.1, as stated by this dude in the article about the pixi today ( http://www.precentral.net/pixi-runni...video#comments ). He says its confirmed. Does anyone know where he's talking about? I haven't found a list of confirmed anything for 1.3.1.

I wonder what ELSE is included!
    Read over the link in the post above yours....there is confirmation in there.