Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

would someone be able to bring the mobile authenticator to webOS?

I'm not sure whether I'd be allowed, so perhaps a emulator which emulates symbian or Iphone OS would also be a solution?

Any other suggestions? ;-)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I would love something like this, I hope Blizzard makes one!
    I contacted Blizzard offering to make one freely for them but never got a response back. No doubt if one were going to be made, it'd need to be done via a plugin (to protect the # generation format), which is definitely doable post-1.4. Whether or not Palm would accept a plug-in app that's not a game is another matter to deal with.

Feel free to relay to Blizzard that I'm more than willing to do such an app.

I love WoW and would love the authenticator (mainly for the Corehound pet; pet collector here, lol). However I'm not gonna spend $30+ for shipping of a $6 authenticator tag to Canada, lol, just makes no sense.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I'd be more than happy to help with this effort. I'm also a Palm Pre owner, programmer, WoW player and pet collector...

Alex
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    +1 - For the Horde!
    Quote Originally Posted by awollangk View Post
    pet collector...
    lol, same here. But alas I server changed to Proudmoore (US) and now I'm ranked 3rd at 121 pets.

But yea, if you wanna help nudge Blizzard, feel free to contact them. As I said, they never replied to my offer to freely develop a webOS authenticator for them, maybe if more people recommend the webOS and/or me, we'll see some results.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Hey Jason I think they recently waved postage fee's might want to check it out...
    Jason - Any word from Blizz on this? I just recently purchased a Pre + through Verizon and love the phone... but hate the fact my old blackberry still has to be used for the mobile authenticator.
    Well, I'm hoping with the public release of the PDK that we will see this for the Pre. As it stands right now, they won't let one of us program it cause it would open it up for hacks to get arround it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a PDK port would allow them to hide code as well as on other phone platforms.
    Sounds like there is hope at least!

I won't go into details how I got the battle.net mobile authenticator running on a Verizon Blackberry Pearl, but now the phone is used strictly for that 1 app. I want to retire the pearl (or maybe use it for target practice).
    Finally heard back from Blizzard:

Mike,

This department does not have access to the information or the contacts you are looking for. Please send all inquiries/proposals regarding a merchandise partnership or product licensing via email to:

merchandiselicensing(AT)blizzard.com.

In the event that Blizzard Entertainment is interested in collaboration, we will be contacting you. Please note that due to volume, we may not be not able to respond to all inquires. Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter.

If you have any further questions please contact me directly by replying to this email.

To the forum mods: I hope I don't get in too much trouble for what I have done here.
    Just a quick bump and a reminder to those of us who would like a WebOS based authenticator. Please contact Blizzard at the email address listed above and let them know we would like to see this functionality in the near future.
    Bump bump bump! I bet my boyfriend I could get more pets than him, and considering he uses the authenticator on his iPhone, he's always one step ahead!

Hope an authenticator for webOS comes to fruition!!
    Would be awesome! I sent a quick msg to Blizz, and as always Jason, would love to see what you might be able to come up with if they give you the go-ahead!

Blo
    I don't mean to be obnoxious, but wanted to keep bumping this to encourage folks who want this functionality to contact Blizzard at: merchandiselicensing@blizzard.com and let them know we want to see the mobile authenticator on the WebOS platform.

Thanks!
    Another bump, another request to have WebOS users who are also Battle.net users to contact Blizzard and get us a mobile authenticator.

Also, if anyone has a contact at HP that we could also send an email to, that would also be spiffy.
    BUMP, just emailed Blizzard hopefully we'll see this soon sometime....
    Thanks Dano99a!
    Emailed Blizz! Hopin' for the best.
    Another bump.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast