1.    #1  
    hi all!

so, i've looked everywhere and can't find a simple app to toggle sound for ringer/system with one click. There is a vibrate toggle, but it's not the same ...

i'm a full time student and lowering volume at the beginning of each class is not only difficult (I can't tell you how many times i've turned down the sound. Only to find it was the music and my phone rings at full volume) but turning it back on is fairly complex as well and often one or the other stays silenced.

anyway, a simple app for this would rule. If anyone can help, it would be MUCH appreciated

-g.
    +1

also when the switch on top is turnned to off the system sound still allows for alert and notification sounds.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    +2
    That's the point. The top mute botton does not silence all the Pre sounds.
    Yeah. I think this was a big step backward on Palm's part. My Treo had this sound toggle switch on top which did 100% sound off. It was perfect. It was essentially the toggle between "NO sound - vibrate only" and "All sounds and vibrate". You could essentially choose the profiles for each state of the toggle with the sounds you wanted on/off and vibrate on/off. It truly was perfect. I don't know why they made multimedia sounds and notifications come through the toggle off position for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I keep the top switch on the vibrate only function basically all the time and it never makes a peep. I can still adjust the volumes but it will never make any sound so not sure what the problem might be
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I would love an app or patch that would bring back the old treo mute switch. The "ringer" switch on top of the phone is not enough. I need the switch to stop all sounds as well.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by von11 View Post
    I keep the top switch on the vibrate only function basically all the time and it never makes a peep. I can still adjust the volumes but it will never make any sound so not sure what the problem might be
    Try playing a video via the YouTube app, for us it plays the sound irrespective of where the mute button is positioned.

Is this not the same for you ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  8.    #8  
    +1!

just to be clear, for those who haven't figured it out, typically to control your volumes, you need to go to 'sounds and ringtones' (preset to the last, system, page).

the problem is that the external vol control affects whatever you are currently using, I believe. So, if lower the vol when calling/answering, it will lower the ringer. If using any other app, it will lower the music.

anyone working on this app, by chance?