Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I dont care if everyone else gets this app for free. Ill pay $100 for a script/app/program or whatever to export my contacts from the PALM PROFILE (not google) in a managable order. So from that point i can bring my contacts into google or another phone.

10 Years using Palm Phones, i finally give up. Thank You guys.

I am very serious about my offer. I have 2,000+ contacts.
    It's not $100, but I will add $5 to that reward...

Edit: My caveat is that this must be a relatively low-tech solution? I do not want to have to download 3 different programs on my PC, extract pieces of data, etc etc.. must be a workable but relatively simple solution
  3.    #3  
    Yes. Simplicity. Extract and download. Upload to Google or new phone.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Steps to get it done..
    -Grab the DB file from Phone with webos quick install
    -Run something like sql-lite to read the database and export out a .csv file that you can import into google.

Very doable...would probably take a few hours to iron out the flow...

I guess a Javascript could be written to do all of this.....But I dont know Java very well.
  5.    #5  
    I extracted the database and converted to cvs files. the are in 3 seperate files. Plus there are in no order where you can merge them. Have anyone done this successfullly?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Trey a quick and dirty import to excel. and then export it
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Maybe a macro could be written to do this....instead of java
  8.    #8  
    $100
    I'm confused... can't you do this with PocketMirror?
  10.    #10  
    For those of you who do not know whats the problem. YOU CANNOT USE POCKETMIRROR, MISSING SYNC, GOOGLE or ANY BACKUP SOLUTION, to sync or backup contacts that were already synced to your PALM PROFILE. Even if change your primary profile to a new one.

Palm Did this, so you can be stuck using the Palm Pre. They can easily implement a feature to sync your contacts to you computer. They did this for use with all their other palm phones. However they dont want you to have the option to just take your contacts and run.

However, you can start fresh and use Google, Pocketmirror, exchange, missing synch etc.. to backup your NEW contacts..
    I just followed these few steps to get my contacts out of the palm

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-solution.html

basically, these were my steps

1. used Internalz to copy palm contact database to public location
    ( file is /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3) viewable with usb cable

2. copied file with windows explorer to windows PC

3. Used sqlitebrowser 1.3, opened contact database and then exported table
    - com_palm_pim_Contact to a csv

4. Use the CSV file as you wish
  12.    #12  
    How long it took you to merge the tables properly?
  13.    #13  
    bump
    What is the original source of your 2000+ contacts, a bberry? A different phone? How did you get your 2000+ contacts onto your Pre? Was it done at the Sprint store?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  15.    #15  
    about 1,500 of them i have on csv file. But some have updated. Then the rest were new contacts inputted on the device. So all the updated and new are on the Palm Profile.
  16.    #16  
    bump
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniebrasco View Post
    I'll pay $100 for a script/app/program or whatever to export my contacts from the PALM PROFILE (not google) in a managable order. So from that point i can bring my contacts into google or another phone.
    I can provide a Windows program to process your PalmDatabase.db3 file to generate a csv. Is this acceptable?

What columns do you want in your csv? Do you want to provide a header line as a guide?
    I don't think heis referring to the old palm OS db file..more so the Palm Pre Cloud Profile
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I don't think heis referring to the old palm OS db file..more so the Palm Pre Cloud Profile
    PalmDatabase.db3 is the file on the Palm Pre that contains all of the user's contacts.
    If you're still looking for someone to do this, I'd be interested. What kind of output would you want everything in, and what all do you need saved? Just Names & phone numbers? Email? IM screen names? Let me know what you're looking for. I can probably have something together by this weekend.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast