Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    If all of your data is online already, then the Synergy feature should merge the separate profiles into one for you.
    The problem is, I don't know of any other way to get Facebook emails and phone numbers from Facebook. This utility will allow me to do so.

I have roughly 1400 contacts provided by my employer via Excel Spreadsheet. I have roughly 700 personal contacts in Facebook, and roughly half of them also work with me. I can import the 1400 contacts into Google and Outlook (formatting each per their own unique headers). But, unless I'm on my phone, my Outlook contacts ONLY have the work info, and none of the personal info. By using this utility, I'll be able to maintain a better overall list.

PM Sent with donation. Thanks!
    Last edited by ponyfool; 01/11/2010 at 12:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Please remove the donation designation from your page. It is no longer a donation if it is required, it becomes a fee/price!!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl0124 View Post
    Please remove the donation designation from your page. It is no longer a donation if it is required, it becomes a fee/price!!
    You have a point. However, keep in mind that I did not intend to really make money off of the tool. It was more to offset my time and effort. If I really wanted to charge what I feel the tool is worth, it would be at least double the nominal cost I currently give it away for.

Furthermore, setting things up properly for a "sale", with instant download after purchase, would mean signing up to some e-commerce service that is going to take a piece of the sale. Of course, this new income will be taxable, as well. The obvious business response to offset these costs is to raise the price. As a result, I have been hesitant to change the way things are.

Nevertheless, I will make the changes when I get a chance. <sigh> There will be unhappy people no matter what I do...
    I do appreciate your time and work.

however, as already mentioned.. If it is a 'required' donation, to download the product, it's no longer a true donation...it's a sale in my opinion.

I hate it when Devs call it as such...I rather donate to a true cause, then to 'pay' for a false donation
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Donation sent. =)
    I can't wait to get this! Thank you sooo much.
    I was a Palm Profile failure victim, I don't want that to happen ever again.
    Thanks!!!!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    How about a MAC version? I dont have Windows and id defenetly donate for a OSX version

UPDATE: Seems like a new patch was released today for contacts stored on your Pre. It creates a vCard out of all ur contacts and sends it via e-mail.
    Last edited by meCka; 01/14/2010 at 04:02 AM.
    Hi,

I hadn't seen this thread, but I recently created a patch to bulk-export your Palm Profile contacts to a vCard file and attach it via e-mail. You should be able to import this into Outlook or whatever you might use you manage contacts. You can get the patch from the Wiki and apply it with WOSQI, or wait for the version of the patch that works with 1.3.5 to hit the Preware feed soon. Here's the link:

Patch Contacts Send All via Email - WebOS Internals

--Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by bsiegel View Post
    Hi,

I hadn't seen this thread, but I recently created a patch to bulk-export your Palm Profile contacts to a vCard file and attach it via e-mail. You should be able to import this into Outlook or whatever you might use you manage contacts. You can get the patch from the Wiki and apply it with WOSQI, or wait for the version of the patch that works with 1.3.5 to hit the Preware feed soon. Here's the link:

--Brandon
    Man I wish I knew how to input that patch
    Hi,

--Brandon
    Does this export ALL contact info, including Palm, Facebook, Linked In, etc?
    Hi,

--Brandon
    this is really sweeeeeeeeeeet!

good job
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    this is really sweeeeeeeeeeet!

good job
    How do you install the patch? Could you give me any help. I have WebosQI but im not sure how to input code
    I haven't actually installed it yet, didt need it as I already used the other patch.

however, I assume you simply copy the entire code from the link, open up notepad and paste the code there.

save the file as "merge.patch" or whatever you want to call it and drag it into quick install and install it
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    Man I wish I knew how to input that patch
    Trim81 is correct. Copy the patch text and paste into notepad. Save as "emailall.patch" and install with WOSQI.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    Does this export ALL contact info, including Palm, Facebook, Linked In, etc?
    This exports only your Palm Profile accounts. Luckily these are really the only ones that you have no other way to access.
    It looks like in 1.3.5, the service that is called when you choose "Save All via Email" exports all contacts from ALL profiles (including information such as IM addresses), rather than just Palm Profile contacts.

--Brandon
    Last edited by bsiegel; 01/17/2010 at 09:53 PM.
    You are the man send all contacts to email is now available on preware and works like a dream. Thanks Brandon
    I am happy to report that the updated patch which works with WebOS 1.3.5 / 1.3.5.1 is now available

There is further good news. It looks like in 1.3.5, the service that is called when you choose "Save All via Email" exports all contacts from ALL profiles (including information such as IM addresses), rather than just Palm Profile contacts.

One note of caution - some programs (Outlook is a big example) only read the first contact in the .vcf file that is generated by this patch. All the contacts are in there, so if you run in to this problem, you will need a vCard splitting program which will break the single large .vcf file into each individual vCards. A quick Google search turns up this perl script, this windows utility, and this mac utility.

--Brandon
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    These apps/programs all sound great, but what I need is a way to export/extract my Text Message Threads with Name, Date, and Timestamp intact.

Any suggestions, besides the scary, and unstable Internalz?

Thanks a million!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678