Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    U have 2000+ contacts?? Can u change the deal to $1/ contact? Lol
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    to merge contacts in gmail, check the contacts you want to merge together and an option shows up on the right column where the contact info would be...click "merge contacts" and you can edit.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I've got 6500+ !
    Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    Sorry about that. I moved some things around on the site, and forgot to move the zip file. The tool can now be downloaded http://www.xybyresoft.com/webos/utils.
    when i click on this link at the bottom of the page it says "the file download link is currently disabled" Is there a new link or something I'm missing?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    when i click on this link at the bottom of the page it says "the file download link is currently disabled" Is there a new link or something I'm missing?
    I'm sorry, but I no longer have the time to maintain and support this tool. It's gotten 300 downloads, yet I've gotten zero donations beyond the initial two people. I've had a number of requests for help on getting the tool to work, having to explain how to copy the PalmDatabase.db3 file, resolving SQL errors due to corrupt files, etc. I cannot justify spending any more time and effort on a tool that is given away for free.
  6.    #106  
    Its funnny how the freeloaders have more demands than the person who paid for it lol
    I'm sorry, but I no longer have the time to maintain and support this tool. It's gotten 300 downloads, yet I've gotten zero donations beyond the initial two people. I've had a number of requests for help on getting the tool to work, having to explain how to copy the PalmDatabase.db3 file, resolving SQL errors due to corrupt files, etc. I cannot justify spending any more time and effort on a tool that is given away for free.
    Sorry bro, but thats a d!ck move. Are you in this for the money? Why not just leave what you have done so far and just stop updating? Why remove the link? Isn't it open source? Let someone else work on it or buy it off of you to work on? Removing the link altogether is one **** up move. But, its the product of your hard labor so you should do what you think is right. I just think you're wrong. I'm headed out back east for thanksgiving, but when I get home I'll donate $5 just for working on the program. I'm not asking for the program, I actually don't even want or need it. But given that you got only 2 donations, I think you deserve several more. I'm not a charity so I can't dish out by the Benjamins, but I think you deserve the credit/support for providing support to the WebOS community. Thanks for all that you have done.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreuser1985 View Post
    Sorry bro, but thats a d!ck move. Are you in this for the money? Why not just leave what you have done so far and just stop updating? Why remove the link? Isn't it open source? Let someone else work on it or buy it off of you to work on? Removing the link altogether is one **** up move. But, its the product of your hard labor so you should do what you think is right. I just think you're wrong.
    Why remove the link? Because, while the majority of people will not need any support, there will be those that do. When that happens, I get the requests for help. Once you spent the time and effort to track down the problem and get things working for them, they go on their way, with maybe a "thanks". Once you have done this enough times, you will realize that you are spending valuable time that could be put to better use. As long as the download link exists, I will have to spend my time handling the e-mails/posts. You may argue that I could just ignore them, but the fact is that even reading them still takes time, and I am really not one to turn down requests for help.

This is a program I wrote myself, from scratch. There is no open-source code in my program, so I am not obligated to distribute my code.

Yes, I am in this for the money. That is the reason I wrote the program. Two people offered a bounty for the program. Some other people also got this program for free. Now I am no longer offering the program for free, and that has obviously upset you. Perhaps I should never have made it available for free? At least then I wouldn't have been called a d!ck.
    Why remove the link? Because, while the majority of people will not need any support, there will be those that do. When that happens, I get the requests for help. Once you spent the time and effort to track down the problem and get things working for them, they go on their way, with maybe a "thanks". Once you have done this enough times, you will realize that you are spending valuable time that could be put to better use. As long as the download link exists, I will have to spend my time handling the e-mails/posts. You may argue that I could just ignore them, but the fact is that even reading them still takes time, and I am really not one to turn down requests for help.

This is a program I wrote myself, from scratch. There is no open-source code in my program, so I am not obligated to distribute my code.

Yes, I am in this for the money. That is the reason I wrote the program. Two people offered a bounty for the program. Some other people also got this program for free. Now I am no longer offering the program for free, and that has obviously upset you. Perhaps I should never have made it available for free? At least then I wouldn't have been called a d!ck.
    Those are some pretty valid points. To clarify, I never called you a d!ck, I said it was a d!ck move...I actually think you're a pretty helpful guy from what I can gather, not that you probably give a hoot what I think. I guess I didn't mention that it was in light of the fact that PreCentral.net dedicated an article to it that included your program as a solution to creating the file necessary to integrate contacts to outlook or gmail or whatever, but I see how that would just invite EVEN MORE people to message you and flood your inbox and whatnot. I should have been more tactful with what I said, so I apologize if you were offended. Happy Thanksgiving [edit] I actually thought today was Thursday, yet I know my flight is on Wednesday...I would recommend against staying up all night so you can sleep through a dreadfully boring and uncomfortable cross-country flight...too late now, I have to stay awake or I'll never get up for the shared van thats driving like 50 miles to pick me up. ANYWAY, Happy Thanksgiving Holiday partial-week break thing or whatever you want to call it. I hope you enjoy the holiday time.
    Last edited by palmpreuser1985; 11/25/2009 at 09:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Somebody rehost the file... I know someone has it someplace.

Also to the dev. I will donate if you provide me a link to download the file from. PM me if interested.
    I am having trouble getting the database file into Google. I downloaded WinSCP but I have no idea how to use it. I have tried reading some of the user guides but they arent helping. Can someone post a step by step on how to get the DB file into Google.
    Since xybyre has taken this program off the server, I have written a short, easy tutorial on how to achieve what this program did, without using his program.
    Check it out here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...33#post2063133
  13.    #113  
    The program will be back up. just online based converter. Hold tight
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniebrasco View Post
    as the other person who did donate for the original program,I do have one request for any updates to this program (as you imply there will be).. As requested a few pages back, if there is any chance you can include the "syncSource" data in com_palm_pim_Contacts, that would be great. this would tell you what account a given row in the file belongs to, so I know if its a "palm profile" number vs a "facebook" or "yahoo" or "gmail" contact?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I've got 6500+ !
    LOL i dont think i even know that many people
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniebrasco View Post
    thanks brah
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    hey! I was going to donate on payday (mon)! Is the rest of your site up still? I'll hook ya up monday...saved me a bunch of potential drama!

you might consider hanging around a bit longer...with palm profiles failing and an article on precentral...you might get more donations!

thanks for your program!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    as the other person who did donate for the original program,I do have one request for any updates to this program (as you imply there will be).. As requested a few pages back, if there is any chance you can include the "syncSource" data in com_palm_pim_Contacts, that would be great. this would tell you what account a given row in the file belongs to, so I know if its a "palm profile" number vs a "facebook" or "yahoo" or "gmail" contact?

thanks!
    I have e-mailed an updated version to you with the extra column. Again, thanks for your support!
    I have e-mailed an updated version to you with the extra column. Again, thanks for your support!
    thanks so much for all your work!
    so is there any chance of a paid or donor only version in the near future???

Happy Turkey Day
    Vis
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast