Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I imported everything into google contacts. Very simple. Have a question. Why is is that when I click on edit in google contacts (on their site) the company name address and phone numbers show up in the Notes section?

Also, if I edit a contact on the google site, does it change on my pre as well?
    Is this export program Mac friendly?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    changes on gmail contacts are reflected on the Pre the next time it syncs.

The company name and address show up in notes because the column of that CSV is not a complete match from the Pre company name/address column and the gmail company name/address.

Not a major re-write of the script but also can be modified in the CSV file via MS Excel.

Plus i have plans for this script somewhere down the line. Am currently working on a backup solution that I almost have 100% comprehensive. Will get to contact migration next.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    The company name and address show up in notes because the column of that CSV is not a complete match from the Pre company name/address column and the gmail company name/address.

Not a major re-write of the script but also can be modified in the CSV file via MS Excel.
    So how do I modify that in excel?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I just realized you weren't referring to my script were you?

Oh well my response is still valid.

When you open up the CSV in MS Excel, Row #1 will be all of the Fieldnames [or column headers]

The objective is to get the fieldnames/column headers for the Company name and address to match what Google expects.

So you'll have to export some sample contacts from Google into CSV format. Compare Google's CSV file with the Palm Pre CSV file [again, we're talking specifically about the Company name and address fields] and modify the Palm Pre CSV File to match the Google CSV file. Save the file and retry the import into Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    I just realized you weren't referring to my script were you?

Oh well my response is still valid.

When you open up the CSV in MS Excel, Row #1 will be all of the Fieldnames [or column headers]

The objective is to get the fieldnames/column headers for the Company name and address to match what Google expects.

So you'll have to export some sample contacts from Google into CSV format. Compare Google's CSV file with the Palm Pre CSV file [again, we're talking specifically about the Company name and address fields] and modify the Palm Pre CSV File to match the Google CSV file. Save the file and retry the import into Gmail.
    I did what you said and everything is in order now. Thank you very much!
    Still dont understand one thing: If I make a contact change on googles site, will it change on my pre?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    1. Where does the "person_id" come from in your output file? in the file, it looks like the ids range from "5" to "594", but in the PalmDatabase.db3 file, the person_id is "31885837205510"

2. any chance you can include the "syncSource" data in com_palm_pim_Contacts ? this would tell you what account this belongs to, so I know if its a "palm profile" number vs a "facebook" or "yahoo" or "gmail" contact?
    1. There's a bug in the sqlite library that can cause integer columns to be converted to strings incorrectly. I had to work around this problem myself. You can try another program, such as Sqlite Explorer to see the correct values.

2. I'll add this column when I get a chance.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Hi Guys, thanks for your work! I'm on a Mac and just wonder if there's a way to back up that PalmDatabase.db3 file to my Mac and restore it to my Pre after a hard reset. The ultimate solution would be able to do a proper sync. Mark Space's Missing Sync doesn't work for me. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I'm on a Mac and just wonder if there's a way to back up that PalmDatabase.db3 file to my Mac and restore it to my Pre after a hard reset.
    That shouldn't be a problem. Do you already know how to copy files from the Pre? If not, just copy PalmDatabase.db3 to /media/internal using something like Internalz, then copy the file to your Mac from usb mode. After you restore your Pre, just copy the file back and use Internalz to move the file from /media/internal to its usual location.

The only caveat is that you can only safely restore to the same firmware version you backed up with. For example, if your Pre is at version 1.3.1, you need to use a version of Webos Doctor that restores a 1.3.1 image.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    That shouldn't be a problem. Do you already know how to copy files from the Pre? If not, just copy PalmDatabase.db3 to /media/internal using something like Internalz, then copy the file to your Mac from usb mode. After you restore your Pre, just copy the file back and use Internalz to move the file from /media/internal to its usual location.

The only caveat is that you can only safely restore to the same firmware version you backed up with. For example, if your Pre is at version 1.3.1, you need to use a version of Webos Doctor that restores a 1.3.1 image.
    Thanks for writing. Interesting. I got the file using the receive command in WebOS Quick Install. My goal was to downgrade to WebOS 1.2.x so that MyTether works again) and then restore the PalmDatabase.db3 file using the send command in WebOS Quick Install. So I wonder if that would mess things up.
    Go here:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...93#post2047793

It's MUCH easier if you're not a real techie!!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    When I go to Xybyresoft WebOS Products to download, I keep getting a server error.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    When I go to Xybyresoft WebOS Products to download, I keep getting a server error.
    Sorry about that. I moved some things around on the site, and forgot to move the zip file. The tool can now be downloaded http://www.xybyresoft.com/webos/utils.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    Sorry about that. I moved some things around on the site, and forgot to move the zip file. The tool can now be downloaded http://www.xybyresoft.com/webos/utils.
    Thanks...got it now.
    I didn't read every post here, but can't you just synch your contacts from with Google then export the .csv file from google to your computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFishGuy View Post
    I didn't read every post here, but can't you just synch your contacts from with Google then export the .csv file from google to your computer?
    If you have already all your contacts in the Palm Profile, there was no way (prior to the program in this thread) to get your contacts into a .csv file to even get it into Google (without having to retype each contact)
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Thanks soooo much! This worked great! I went into Gmail and merged the duplicates!

AWESOME!!! :-)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Thanks soooo much! This worked great! I went into Gmail and merged the duplicates!

AWESOME!!! :-)
    You can merge duplicates in Google Contacts on the web?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    ok i keep getting sql error null any body got any ideas
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dabackwoodsboy View Post
    ok i keep getting sql error null any body got any ideas
    Your PalmDatabase.db3 file is probably corrupt. Try transferring it again.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast