Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have indeed been paid by ronniebrasco (thanks!). Thanks to him, you all have a tool that will allow you to transfer your contacts from your WebOS phone to your PC.

[edit: I'm sorry, but I no longer have the time to maintain and support this tool. It's gotten 300 downloads, yet I've gotten zero donations beyond the initial two people. I've had a number of requests for help on getting the tool to work, having to explain how to copy the PalmDatabase.db3 file, resolving SQL errors due to corrupt files, etc. I cannot justify spending the time and effort on a tool that is given away for free.]
    Last edited by xybyre; 11/24/2009 at 11:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    1. Does this support synergy/linked contacts? As best as I can tell, this pulls each account separately, correct?
    2. If #1 is true:
    a. any chance you can include the "syncSource" data in com_palm_pim_Contacts ? this would tell you what account this belongs to
    b. Can you add the "id" and the "com_palm_pim_Person_id" from com_palm_pim_Contacts. This will allow us to determine where we have linked contacts. I do not mind the contacts NOT being linked, as long as there is a way to determine where we have the link
    3. can you add Birthday, Anniversary, spouse, and children (all from the com_palm_pim_Contacts table)
    1. yes, it pulls each record from the table as a separate contact
    2. I don't have any linked contacts, so if you can explain how the records are linked, I can add support for it. I may just add an option to include the ids.
    3. I'll add these extra columns when I get a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    2. I don't have any linked contacts, so if you can explain how the records are linked, I can add support for it. I may just add an option to include the ids.
    1. Gotcha!
    2. From what I can tell, each set of linked contacts has the same "com_palm_pim_Person_id" in the com_palm_pim_Contacts table (which is also the same as the "id" in the "com_palm_pim_Person" table). So, while each Contact in the com_palm_pim_Contacts table has it's own unique "id" within that table, you can determine where you have linked contacts based on the "person_id"
    3. Sweet!

Also, if you can send me your paypal ID, i would be more than happy to add my small reward to the $100. a promise is a promise!
  4.    #44  
    That information wont be useful when transfering to another palm. Because Palm makes new ID's for syngerized contacts upon entry.

In addition other phones won't merge those contacts by those id's neither. Only by same names and common numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniebrasco View Post
    That information wont be useful when transfering to another palm. Because Palm makes new ID's for syngerized contacts upon entry.

In addition other phones won't merge those contacts by those id's neither. Only by same names and common numbers.
    Right...but this would help me to identify where I did have linked contacts. When I had to get a replacement Pre, I had to relink a whole bunch of contacts. So, while the actual ID number isn't important, being able to see which contacts have the same ID (and were therefore linked) provides a lot of helpful info!
    Upon further review, I would like to update my request as well..in addition to everything else I asked for, any chance that you can add the First Name and Last Name from the "person" table, IN ADDITION to the First and Last Name from the Contact file? While this may be a duplicate for many contacts (or all if you do not use linked contacts), this would also aid in helping to ID where you have linked contacts.... i.e. you can sort of "Linked Last Name" and "Linked First Name" to see all the contacts linked to that name? make sense?

thanks again!
  7.    #47  
    excel does that.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Upon further review, I would like to update my request as well..in addition to everything else I asked for, any chance that you can add the First Name and Last Name from the "person" table, IN ADDITION to the First and Last Name from the Contact file? While this may be a duplicate for many contacts (or all if you do not use linked contacts), this would also aid in helping to ID where you have linked contacts.... i.e. you can sort of "Linked Last Name" and "Linked First Name" to see all the contacts linked to that name? make sense?
    This sounds like you are trying to make a tool that will consolidate all the linked contacts into one contact. This is really beyond the scope of the original purpose of the tool...
    This sounds like you are trying to make a tool that will consolidate all the linked contacts into one contact. This is really beyond the scope of the original purpose of the tool...
    no..I am just trying to be able to know where I have linked contacts and be able to sort then together. So, if I have a friend named Jonathan Smith Jr., I may have 3 contacts from facebook, palm profile and gmail,but with names Jon Smith, Jonathan Smith,and Jonny Smith Jr all linked together.

ideally, I would be able to see the Person name of "Jonathan Smith Jr" on all3 lines in excel,with the "Contact " name being the 3 individual contact names.. Does that make sense? I can send you an excel example if that would be helpful
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    no..I am just trying to be able to know where I have linked contacts and be able to sort then together. So, if I have a friend named Jonathan Smith Jr., I may have 3 contacts from facebook, palm profile and gmail,but with names Jon Smith, Jonathan Smith,and Jonny Smith Jr all linked together.
    I have a better idea of what you're getting at, but is this really necessary, given that you will have the person id, which should be the same on those three rows? I guess it could make things easier to identify when looking at it in a spreadsheet view, but a tool/macro that links the rows together would only need the person id. I'm just concerned that these extra fields would confuse most users, who would be wondering why there are redundant fields in their .csv file.
    I have a better idea of what you're getting at, but is this really necessary, given that you will have the person id, which should be the same on those three rows? I guess it could make things easier to identify when looking at it in a spreadsheet view, but a tool/macro that links the rows together would only need the person id. I'm just concerned that these extra fields would confuse most users, who would be wondering why there are redundant fields in their .csv file.
    fair enough! As long as I have the person I'd, I can do my own lookups!
    I cant find the .db3 file directory.... Can someone tell me how to pull it?
    Im receiving a SQL error: null when i export the file. the csv file appear on my Pre but is blank when I open it... someone plz help me
    Quote Originally Posted by redmase View Post
    Im receiving a SQL error: null when i export the file. the csv file appear on my Pre but is blank when I open it... someone plz help me
    how are you extracting it from your Pre?
    via USB mode... the "palmdatabase.db3" appears
    is the .db3 supposed to be 0 bytes?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Version 1.3 of my tool adds the requested extra columns. As a bonus, the file is even sorted by person_id, making it easy to see which records are linked. You can download the latest version here.
    Last edited by xybyre; 11/24/2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    via USB mode... the "palmdatabase.db3" appears
    You can't copy the db3 file from USB mode, unless you copied it to /media/internal from ssh, or a WebOS file manager like Internalz. The file should not be 0 bytes if you copied it correctly.
    ahhh ok. well, how do i get to the file?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    ahhh ok. well, how do i get to the file?
    You can install Internalz from here. Once you have that installed, you can run it and copy /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 to /media/internal. Then you can see it from usb mode.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast