Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    extract from phone and organize contacts data on proper tables.. I already extacted my tables, but its a bich to match, merge, delete duplicates when you have over 2000 contacts..
    Name, Phone numbers 1, 2, 3 + on different columns but on same row as names(palmdatabase puts numbers as "value" on same column connected to contact ID), email, address, notes, nickname, Title, IM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniebrasco View Post
    extract from phone and organize contacts data on proper tables.. I already extacted my tables, but its a bich to match, merge, delete duplicates when you have over 2000 contacts..
    Name, Phone numbers 1, 2, 3 + on different columns but on same row as names(palmdatabase puts numbers as "value" on same column connected to contact ID), email, address, notes, nickname, Title, IM.
    Same here... I was able to extract the files and merged them using a database program ( i think i did it right), but it still doesn't quite give me what I am looking for because I have multiple lines per person for each contact number/email/etc... I was hoping that this would be able to give me an importable file into a mail program with a one-line-per-contact file.

Either way, while this seems to be a good last resort to have a backup of your contacts if you lose your phone or need to refer to it, it is still not something that is easy for the average user and something that can be imported easily into another mail program.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Here's my finished program. [edit: attachment removed, since it had a major bug]

It keeps track of the numbers, emails, addresses, and IMs assigned to each contact and exports all of those fields that are used. For example, if one of your contacts has three e-mail addresses, there will be columns for "E-mail 1", "E-mail 2", and "E-mail 3" (The extra fields will be blank for other users)). Likewise, there will be a fax column if any of your contacts has a fax number, there will be an MSN IM column if any of your contacts has an MSN IM entry, etc.

I've tested this on my own contacts, and the generated file imports into Excel just fine.
    Last edited by xybyre; 11/24/2009 at 09:33 PM.
  4.    #24  
    I finally put my list together using my own logic to sort and combine 4 database files, excel, outlook, 1 plugins for outlook. 4 plugins for excel, then finally Yahoo's excellent contact cleaner to merge duplicates without overwriting files... Some of the plugins i used demos and 2 i paid for.

It took me 3 full days to figure it out and study the database system. I can charge to do it for anyone. Until the guy comes out with the autoprogram to do it.

Im finally free from Palm Profile.

I think i can charge for my services now to do it for someone, until the guy makes
    Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    Here's my finished program.

It keeps track of the numbers, emails, addresses, and IMs assigned to each contact and exports all of those fields that are used. For example, if one of your contacts has three e-mail addresses, there will be columns for "E-mail 1", "E-mail 2", and "E-mail 3" (The extra fields will be blank for other users)). Likewise, there will be a fax column if any of your contacts has a fax number, there will be an MSN IM column if any of your contacts has an MSN IM entry, etc.

I've tested this on my own contacts, and the generated file imports into Excel just fine.
    Anybody else try this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Anybody else try this yet?
    I tried it and it saves the info as a nice .csv file.
    Is this the final product everyone is looking for or does the csv file need to be formated differently? I can write some Excel macros real quick to manipulate the data...
  7.    #27  
    It does work but has a little problem. I have some numbers that are on the wrong the contact. You are very very close to perfecting the program. I already sorted my contacts, but i would like to still reward $ something once this man once he fixes the little issue.

So far its about 80 percent acccurate. I can provide what i manually did so you can check which lines went wrong.
  8.    #28  
    and Yes i will pay him.. So programmers be aware of my post when i offer rewards.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    It does work but has a little problem. I have some numbers that are on the wrong the contact. You are very very close to perfecting the program. I already sorted my contacts, but i would like to still reward $ something once this man once he fixes the little issue.

So far its about 80 percent acccurate. I can provide what i manually did so you can check which lines went wrong.
    Can you provide more details about the problem you are seeing? I only have about a hundred contacts, so I probably mis-interpreted certain field values. When you say that some of the numbers are on the wrong contact, do all of the numbers appear on the same wrong contact (e.g. user A has all the numbers that should belong to user B)? You can send me a PM if you want to send me any private data.
  10.    #30  
    PM Sent
    Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    Here's my finished program.

I just tried this. first impression that I have is that it did not get all my email addresses. I only have one column for email address called "Email 1", yet some of my contacts have multiple emails. so far this is a great start, and like the OP, if we can get this to work, you have the few dollar reward that I added to his $100!

thanks!
    Adam
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I just tried this. first impression that I have is that it did not get all my email addresses. I only have one column for email address called "Email 1", yet some of my contacts have multiple emails.
    Adam,

Do you mind sending me your contacts file? I have contacts with multiple e-mail addresses, as well, but all of them get exported fine. There must be something I missed, however, and your contacts file would help me troubleshoot the problem. Send me a PM if you are interested.
  13.    #33  
    sent
    ok so how does this work then?? can i sync my contacts to my computer then retrieve them if i loose them by syncing with my computer??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    It turns out I was using the wrong column to combine the data from multiple tables. There are two columns that have ids that are the same up to a point, then they differ slightly. I happened to pick the wrong one (both columns are identical for my contacts). This has been fixed, along with the issue reported by Audemars02.

I have sent the updated program to ronniebrasco for testing. I'll post the updated version once he verifies the fixes.

Shadavis08: This program exports your Pre contacts so you will be able to import it into another program/service. It is not designed to backup/restore your contacts (your Palm profile already does that).
  16.    #36  
    Testing looks great right now. A monumental program for Pre users. New Programming will be up for download Shortly....

ronniebrasco.com
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Version 1.2 is now available, and should fix all reported issues. I also added columns for the contact URLs. You can download it here. Let me know if you find any problems.
    Last edited by xybyre; 11/24/2009 at 09:34 PM.
    This looks great... I have just a few more suggestions/comments/questions:

1. Does this support synergy/linked contacts? As best as I can tell, this pulls each account separately, correct?
    2. If #1 is true:
    a. any chance you can include the "syncSource" data in com_palm_pim_Contacts ? this would tell you what account this belongs to
    b. Can you add the "id" and the "com_palm_pim_Person_id" from com_palm_pim_Contacts. This will allow us to determine where we have linked contacts. I do not mind the contacts NOT being linked, as long as there is a way to determine where we have the link
    3. can you add Birthday, Anniversary, spouse, and children (all from the com_palm_pim_Contacts table)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR WORK! If you can fix those last few pieces, then just let me know where to paypal the $5 i promised!
    oh..one more thing..can you also add the "prefix" and "suffix" of peoples names?
  20.    #40  
    I paid the $100 to fund the project. I hope everyone enjoys..

Ive been ticketed infractions and called name on these forums for my request. I hope im taking more seriously now. and other programmers take on my other programming request.

It feels good to be apart of producing a program, that PALM would not give to us, because they are afraid that we will take the contacts and run away to another phone. Now here is your choice.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast