Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Thanks Matt, one question though: IS Ares Bespin? Or a fork/re-branding of Bespin? That was my initial assumption both when I saw the headline, as well as when I heard that Palm hired Ben and Dion last month. (if not to bring Bespin to Palm, to at least help work on a similar type of tool)
    Nope. It includes a code editor based off of Bespin, as well as some other similarities, but is not Bespin. Bespin is about 10% of what Ares is. Ben, Dion, and myself have been friends for some time. They are focused on developer marketing - they are not tools developers at Palm. They were brought on board to do developer outreach and support and rebuild Palm's relationship with its developers, as well as rebuild that team, which they have done very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpingmatt View Post
    Nope. It includes a code editor based off of Bespin, as well as some other similarities, but is not Bespin. Bespin is about 10% of what Ares is. Ben, Dion, and myself have been friends for some time. They are focused on developer marketing - they are not tools developers at Palm. They were brought on board to do developer outreach and support and rebuild Palm's relationship with its developers, as well as rebuild that team, which they have done very well.
    I've been building web-based developer tools for about 8 years. I give them a pretty hard time on occasion for how much attention they got for their glorified text editor ;-)
    @jumpingmatt Looking forward to seeing it. BTW is there a video where we can see it in action? Would be great to just get a visual.
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    @jumpingmatt Looking forward to seeing it. BTW is there a video where we can see it in action? Would be great to just get a visual.
    second that, a video would be great!
    I am very much looking forward to this. I have a couple personal use apps that would be nice to have and being able to throw together an interface with drag and drop would greatly decrease development time.

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12