1.    #1  
    Hi. I haven't written a webOS app before, but I am familiar with JavaScript/AJAX, etc. I want to build an app that would have a need to store data in a place later accessible by a PC (without hooking up USB to the Pre). This would require writing, e.g., to an FTP space. Would this be possible from a webOS app/JavaScript?

Thanks.
    You would most likely need to push to a web site via AJAX. Then retrieve from that site on the PC.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'm not entirely familiar with the "push" concept, and searching hasn't helped a ton. Is this something you've done?
    Quote Originally Posted by archcommus View Post
    Thanks. I'm not entirely familiar with the "push" concept, and searching hasn't helped a ton. Is this something you've done?
    I'm talking about just posting data to a web page.

You will probably want to look at the Download Manager (which now allows uploads): Download Manager – webOSdev – Palm

I wonder if you can upload the .db file from a local db to a website to process. Might be an interesting way to push data up.

Also the Messaging Service might be useful, once it is allowed in Prod code: Mojo Messaging Service – webOSdev – Palm
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.