1.    #1  
    I present instructions (and maybe later a Preware solution) to remove the ripple that appears when you tap the screen.

-Download the attached .png file(s) (by right clicking the image and selecting "save target as" or "save link as")
    -Open WebOS Quick Install
    -Use Send/Receive file
    -Select the downloaded .png in the prompt
    -Send it to "/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/"

Restart Luna or reboot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    This could be a useful mod, after haptic and/or audio feedback is enabled for all screen taps. Until then, I still appreciate this visual effect.

(Note: I'm not trying to crap on your mod or anything. I'm just trying to mention how much I'd like to see auditory and/or physical feedback instead.)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by je255j View Post
    This could be a useful mod, after haptic and/or audio feedback is enabled for all screen taps. Until then, I still appreciate this visual effect.

(Note: I'm not trying to crap on your mod or anything. I'm just trying to mention how much I'd like to see auditory and/or physical feedback instead.)
    Of course. No harm intended.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by je255j View Post

the system sounds can be found here

/usr/share/systemsounds/

they are just in pcm format
    Which actions have sound associated though?

Everything? As fun as it would be to change one sound or another, what I really want to do is add sounds. Screentaps would be my first goal. Touching the screen should, in my opinion, have always produced feedback. Microsoft managed to include that in WM. And, Palm shouldn't put it in WebOS, I think. Now I'm just waiting for a modder to do it instead.

Pity I'm not talented enough to do it myself. Looks like I'll just have to wait.

Thanks though, for that path. I'll definitely check it out.
    Last edited by je255j; 12/10/2009 at 11:23 AM.
    interesting idea abyssul...i like the ripple, but good job on the mod
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I present instructions (and maybe later a Preware solution) to remove the ripple that appears when you tap the screen.

-Download the attached .png file(s) (by right clicking the image and selecting "save target as" or "save link as")
    -Open WebOS Quick Install
    -Use Send/Receive file
    -Select the downloaded .png in the prompt
    -Send it to "/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/"

Restart Luna or reboot.
    hey can u hook me up with the ripple effect file? I lost my oringinal one! Thanks id appreciate it!
    Anyone up for modding the ripple images? I might look into that.. I have no idea though lol
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Anyone?? Can i get the ripple file??? I used the mod but forgot to back up? Pl;ease i want my ripple back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ggeegino View Post
    Anyone?? Can i get the ripple file??? I used the mod but forgot to back up? Pl;ease i want my ripple back!
    What's the file names?
    @ggeegino:
    Here ya go!

Image attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Anyone up for modding the ripple images? I might look into that.. I have no idea though lol
    I'd be happy to! Just let me know what you're looking for.

EDIT: Garrett92C got to them first, but i just wanted the correct images to be here for other users.
    Last edited by Veritas06; 01/24/2010 at 12:45 AM.
    Got them: