1.    #1  
    Is there a decent EQ for the pre? If not can someone design one.
    I would think that a decent speaker would be needed first - are you running out of your Pre into other speakers?
    There is not even a bad one.
  4.    #4  
    yeah, but it is hard to get a decent bass sound out of it, when I pair up with a bluetooth headset it sounds crappy
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    This may sounds snobbish but it is true, at least to my ears.

An EQ is a band-aid for poor quality speakers/headphones. Yes, the Pre may sound like it lacks bass compared to an iPod, but if you plug in a high quality pair of headphones into the iPod (such as Shure SE530s) the bass is bloated, lacks definition, and drowns out other parts of the music. When I use the same Shures with the Pre, it sounds much more balanced. This is using the exact same MP3 on both the Pre and the iPod. I have never missed an EQ on the Pre and never use the EQ on my iPod because all it seems to do is cause massive distortion for bass heavy music.

I'm not saying you need to spend hundreds of dollars on headphones to make the Pre sound good to, it is just that different headphones or speakers make a far bigger difference in sound quality then EQ settings can.

Of course, this is all my opinion since I have no way to accurately measure what I am hearing.
    The SDK doesn't currently support equalizations, you'll have to wait and see if they release anything coming up here.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I use skull candy inked earbuds.....the bass sound gr8!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Not sure if this request is motivated by a desire to produce something suitable for listening to music from the Pre's speaker. If so then it is futile. Can't be done from something that size. (A good recipe for a blown speaker.) Use headphones, external speakers or feed into an aux input of some audio gear.
    Click here to read the post I made about this a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    This may sounds snobbish but it is true, at least to my ears.

An EQ is a band-aid for poor quality speakers/headphones. Yes, the Pre may sound like it lacks bass compared to an iPod, but if you plug in a high quality pair of headphones into the iPod (such as Shure SE530s) the bass is bloated, lacks definition, and drowns out other parts of the music. When I use the same Shures with the Pre, it sounds much more balanced. This is using the exact same MP3 on both the Pre and the iPod. I have never missed an EQ on the Pre and never use the EQ on my iPod because all it seems to do is cause massive distortion for bass heavy music.

I'm not saying you need to spend hundreds of dollars on headphones to make the Pre sound good to, it is just that different headphones or speakers make a far bigger difference in sound quality then EQ settings can.

Of course, this is all my opinion since I have no way to accurately measure what I am hearing.
    This guy knows what he's talking about.

To the OP... pick up some Koss KSC75 "clip-ons". I promise you that you'll NEVER spend your money better than those headphones. Can be had for $15 on Amazon. Buy 2 so that you get the free shipping. ENJOY!