Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Since we've all been through the upgrade cycle a few times now and 1.3.x is around the corner I think we need a way of getting patches back on our Pres! After 1.2.1 I'm still finding things I would like to have but didn't get reinstalled.

I happen to use Preware but any could do this. Make a list of the patches you install. After an upgrade/doctoring look for patches compatible and needed with the new firmware and reinstall them as they become available.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spineinky View Post
    Make a list of the patches you install. After an upgrade/doctoring look for patches compatible and needed with the new firmware and reinstall them as they become available.
    You can also take screen shots of the lists of installed packages for reference.
  3. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Like it's been said before, many patches get broken in updates, so it's kind of pointless to reapply them all at once.
    The fundamental problem with this idea is that with new updates comes new features that can already exist as a patch right now. Also with these OS updates often requires changes made to patches so using outdated patches all at once just spells out webOS doctor situations.

For each patch you do, jot it down in memos so you can copy/paste the titles to preware search.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    It would also be nice if there was a feature that allowed you to only display patches compatible with the current version of the WebOS on your phone.

It would also be nice if there was a way to automatically reload all your downloaded homebrew applications if you have to run WebOS Dr.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    It would also be nice if there was a feature that allowed you to only display patches compatible with the current version of the WebOS on your phone.
    If you are all updated, Preware will only show you the patches that are compatible with your WebOS version. That feature came out just recently.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    The fundamental problem with this idea is that with new updates comes new features that can already exist as a patch right now. Also with these OS updates often requires changes made to patches so using outdated patches all at once just spells out webOS doctor situations.

For each patch you do, jot it down in memos so you can copy/paste the titles to preware search.
    I more or less covered this issue in my original post. All I'm suggesting is when a new version of a patch becomes available it shows up in the upgrade section for easy reinstall. If not then it doesn't show and don't worry about it.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Is this going to be implemented? It sure was a pain re-installing the small number of patches (14) one by one.
    Please see the Preware Features Roadmap for our plans in this area.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    why not make a "my fav apps/patches" section in preware that the info gets stored on the usb drive and so when you update/doctor your pre/pixi you can just refer back to the my faves section in preware click on the app/patch (if its available after the update) and click install. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    why not make a "my fav apps/patches" section in preware that the info gets stored on the usb drive and so when you update/doctor your pre/pixi you can just refer back to the my faves section in preware click on the app/patch (if its available after the update) and click install. ???
    "Persistant Configurations" is indeed an item on the long-term roadmap.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals