Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Now that I have multiple launcher pages, 6 to be exact, it would be great if I could swipe to the Left when on page 6 and it will take me back to Page 1, instead of having to swipe to the Right 5 pages to get to 1. I didn't see any requests like this, and think it will be very useful patch.
  2. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #2  
    That's a great idea. It fits intuitively with the design. I also would like the launcher icon in the quick launch bar to take me to the first launcher page. I know it's lazy, but I would like to get from page 3 to page 1 with one swipe of the wave. I hope someone is intrigued by these patch request.
  3. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #3  
    Great patch idea.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  4. #4  
    Do you mean swipe left in the gesture area or swiping left in the launcher?
  5. #5  
    +1 would like a fully rotational launcher
  6.    #6  
    I was referring to a swipe in the launcher, the same way you swipe right to get to the next page. So if you were on Page 1, swipe right would take you to page 6 (if you had 6) and if you were on page 6 for example, swiping left would take you to page 1.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    I was referring to a swipe in the launcher, the same way you swipe right to get to the next page. So if you were on Page 1, swipe right would take you to page 6 (if you had 6) and if you were on page 6 for example, swiping left would take you to page 1.
    Maybe I just don't get it, but how would get to pages 2-5?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Maybe I just don't get it, but how would get to pages 2-5?
    It's kind of like a looping incrementer.

    Imagine if you had a counter that went from 0-9. As of right now the counter (the launcher) goes from 0 to 9, and then stops. So you have to reduce the number if you want it to go back to 0. Instead, you should just add 1 to 9 and the counter should check and realize, it can't display anything bigger than a 9 and go back to 0.

    Same principle applies to the launcher pages. A swipe essentially tells the launcher page number to increase by 1. When it reaches the maximum, it stops, because it doesn't know what else to do.

    This would be a really good idea, and, imo, a VERY easy patch to do. All you have to do is set up a checker that lets you increment and decrement the page numbers normally, but if you reach the maximum, it would set the next page as 1.
  9. #9  
    Oh duh! Sorry about that, I'm a little slow tonight... I got my rights and lefts mixed up...
  10. #10  
    There is now a patch available in Preware for this.

    App Launcher - Wrap Pages
  11.    #11  
    Thanks lcalrkjr, I have been working on that one since I posted the request, I thought I had it working, but it had some issues. Is there a place that I can look at the changes that you made so that I can see how far off I was and if I was looking in the correct place?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Thanks lcalrkjr, I have been working on that one since I posted the request, I thought I had it working, but it had some issues. Is there a place that I can look at the changes that you made so that I can see how far off I was and if I was looking in the correct place?
    You can look at the .patch file at:

    Patch Launcher Wrap Pages - WebOS Internals

    I do have an issue where the onPageChange event sometimes fires late so the markings at the bottom are not correct. I am working this issue now.
  13. pre1561's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #13  
    How do I add more Launcher Pages? I have the 3 the Pre came with. I would like to have more but I can't find any "how to" yet in my search. Thanks.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    How do I add more Launcher Pages? I have the 3 the Pre came with. I would like to have more but I can't find any "how to" yet in my search. Thanks.
    Your looking for the Enable Add/Delete Pages patch. It is available in Preware and WebOS Quick Install.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions