1.    #1  
    Now that I have multiple launcher pages, 6 to be exact, it would be great if I could swipe to the Left when on page 6 and it will take me back to Page 1, instead of having to swipe to the Right 5 pages to get to 1. I didn't see any requests like this, and think it will be very useful patch.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    That's a great idea. It fits intuitively with the design. I also would like the launcher icon in the quick launch bar to take me to the first launcher page. I know it's lazy, but I would like to get from page 3 to page 1 with one swipe of the wave. I hope someone is intrigued by these patch request.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Great patch idea.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Do you mean swipe left in the gesture area or swiping left in the launcher?
    +1 would like a fully rotational launcher
  6.    #6  
    I was referring to a swipe in the launcher, the same way you swipe right to get to the next page. So if you were on Page 1, swipe right would take you to page 6 (if you had 6) and if you were on page 6 for example, swiping left would take you to page 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    I was referring to a swipe in the launcher, the same way you swipe right to get to the next page. So if you were on Page 1, swipe right would take you to page 6 (if you had 6) and if you were on page 6 for example, swiping left would take you to page 1.
    Maybe I just don't get it, but how would get to pages 2-5?
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Maybe I just don't get it, but how would get to pages 2-5?
    It's kind of like a looping incrementer.

Imagine if you had a counter that went from 0-9. As of right now the counter (the launcher) goes from 0 to 9, and then stops. So you have to reduce the number if you want it to go back to 0. Instead, you should just add 1 to 9 and the counter should check and realize, it can't display anything bigger than a 9 and go back to 0.

Same principle applies to the launcher pages. A swipe essentially tells the launcher page number to increase by 1. When it reaches the maximum, it stops, because it doesn't know what else to do.

This would be a really good idea, and, imo, a VERY easy patch to do. All you have to do is set up a checker that lets you increment and decrement the page numbers normally, but if you reach the maximum, it would set the next page as 1.
    Oh duh! Sorry about that, I'm a little slow tonight... I got my rights and lefts mixed up...
    There is now a patch available in Preware for this.

App Launcher - Wrap Pages
  11.    #11  
    Thanks lcalrkjr, I have been working on that one since I posted the request, I thought I had it working, but it had some issues. Is there a place that I can look at the changes that you made so that I can see how far off I was and if I was looking in the correct place?
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Thanks lcalrkjr, I have been working on that one since I posted the request, I thought I had it working, but it had some issues. Is there a place that I can look at the changes that you made so that I can see how far off I was and if I was looking in the correct place?
    You can look at the .patch file at:

Patch Launcher Wrap Pages - WebOS Internals

I do have an issue where the onPageChange event sometimes fires late so the markings at the bottom are not correct. I am working this issue now.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    How do I add more Launcher Pages? I have the 3 the Pre came with. I would like to have more but I can't find any "how to" yet in my search. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    How do I add more Launcher Pages? I have the 3 the Pre came with. I would like to have more but I can't find any "how to" yet in my search. Thanks.
    Your looking for the Enable Add/Delete Pages patch. It is available in Preware and WebOS Quick Install.