1.    #1  
    Would it be possible to create a patch/tweak to turn off the auto answering feature while the phone is picked up off of the touchstone, while ringing? It gets annoying to have to run into the other room to talk on my phone, while telling the other person to hold on, hoping that they can hear me. I keep my Pre on my touchstone on my night stand, and unfortunately, I get less than desirable service in my bedroom, so I have to use my Pre in other locations of my house.

Thanks!

Brent
  2. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I don't have an inductive charger to test this, but I'm guessing taking a look at line 364 in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.phone/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $removig$ $the$ $following$ $should$ $fix$ $this$.

Code:
    // detect connection of inductive charger to determine if we should answer a call
            onPuckEvent: function(response) {
                    if (response) {
                            QDLogger.log( "IncomingcallAssistant#onPuckEvent",
                                    response.type, response.connected);
                    }

// answer the call after a delay if we're exposed, set to do so,
                    // and we were previously on the puck
                    if (response && response.type == "inductive") {
                            if (this.appAssistant.puckMode
                                    && this.exposed
                                    && this.puckConnected === true
                                    && response.connected === false) {
                                            this.answerIfStillOffPuck.bind(this).delay(0.750);
                            }
                            this.puckConnected = response.connected;
                    }

},
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    I don't have an inductive charger to test this, but I'm guessing taking a look at line 364 in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.phone/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $removig$ $the$ $following$ $should$ $fix$ $this$.

Code:
    // detect connection of inductive charger to determine if we should answer a call
            onPuckEvent: function(response) {
                    if (response) {
                            QDLogger.log( "IncomingcallAssistant#onPuckEvent",
                                    response.type, response.connected);
                    }

// answer the call after a delay if we're exposed, set to do so,
                    // and we were previously on the puck
                    if (response && response.type == "inductive") {
                            if (this.appAssistant.puckMode
                                    && this.exposed
                                    && this.puckConnected === true
                                    && response.connected === false) {
                                            this.answerIfStillOffPuck.bind(this).delay(0.750);
                            }
                            this.puckConnected = response.connected;
                    }

},
    Can anyone else confirm this? I don't really know anything about changing settings in this way and don't want to mess anything up. If this does happen to work, could I get some further instructions as to exactly what I should to do this? Or is it really just as simple as plugging it up, accessing that folder through my computer, opening that file, and deleting the content above?

Thanks!

Brent
  4. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    It's a little more complicated than that. You have to access Linux on your pre, and edit it that way. If you're not sure what to do, just wait for someone to confirm and make a patch for it. I'm sure someone would be nice enough to check this out for you.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    It's a little more complicated than that. You have to access Linux on your pre, and edit it that way. If you're not sure what to do, just wait for someone to confirm and make a patch for it. I'm sure someone would be nice enough to check this out for you.
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I can't be the only person that is even somewhat annoyed by it auto-answering when taken off of the TS... heh.

Cheers
    In conjunction with the charging bug, my pre answered a call by itself. so i edited the file today.
    seems to work.